PAPA facility photos from 2004

http://papa.org/2015/11/24/photographs-from-2004-building-papa-hq/

PAPA posted this link to some of their old photographs from the flood in 2004. It’s one thing to see a few pictures and hear people talk about it for 3 minutes on the special when lit documentary. It’s even more potent to see all of these pictures that make you feel like you’re in the room. But I can only imagine what it was like for the people that were actually there and had endured this.

I spent way too much time last night looking at these pictures, along with lots of newly-released (I think?!) photos from the initial construction of PAPA HQ. Cool stuff. (Well, the construction photos were cool. The flood pics are pretty depressing.)

1 Like

Man, those pictures are hard to look at. I only now realize that my first trip to PAPA was only 5 short years after all this happened. Congrats to Kevin and his team for rebuilding from the ground up!

For those who where at PAPA the week before this happened, we wondered if Kevin would rebuild or just say screw it! Yeah it was hard to believe that just the week before, we where playing those games and never thought they would have a 100 year weird flood.

Damon

1 Like