PAPA 20 A Division Superguide - WIP Edition!

I’ll make KISS even easier: shoot the mini-playfield all day to play Love Gun MB. Take Demon locks and MB if you happen to light them. Have a relatively fresh song mode already going before you start MB’s. Combo into key shots for better value. Select shot multipliers on easier shots that overlap with your next planned mode and/or MB. Avoid draining when you have shot and PF multipliers lit.

3 Likes

We have a winner! I just don’t want to miss anything in my writeup; that’s the short of it. :smiley:

If I’m not mistaken…

• Combo & Shot multipliers stack via multiplication with each other and with PFx.
  • PFx multipliers stack additively with each other.
    80x Example: if you have all three Song PFx inserts lit, AND you started Double Scoring from mystery award, AND during Demon MB you get 3x scoring from two Demon MB locks, AND you have a shot multplier on the Demon Head, AND you shoot the Demon Head as part of a combo, your Demon Head shot value will be 80x!! ({[2x + 3x + 10x Song PFx] + [2x Double Scoring] + [3x Demon Lock multiplier]} x [2x shot] x [2x combo] = {15x + 2x + 3x} x 2 x 2 = 80x)

Disclaimer: I’ve only done the math on this, and have NOT pulled this off… yet. :slight_smile:

Wait, so if you have 3x playfield and you get Double Scoring, it becomes 5x? That’s pretty weird.

I agree that it’s weird. My math is going off of what I’ve read on the Tilt Wiki rules for KISS.

1 Like

The playfield multipliers are all added together; Double Scoring plus 3x Song nets 5x. Max playfield X is 15x. I may have worded it differently in the wiki edit, but both are taken directly from the patch notes on the most recent code update.

So double scoring if nothing else is going on is actually triple scoring?

This is where I need to see a recent game where someone has blown it up. I have some idea what Stern was thinking, but if you don’t add the multiplier numbers together when stacked then why mention the max is 15x? Can you get Double Scoring during Double Scoring?

I’ll settle this question tonight either way.

No. But I can understand why you’d think that (1x normal playfield PLUS 2x scoring would equal 3x).

The PF multipliers you EARN are added together to calculate your total PF multiplier. I just confirmed this with glass off: my Super Ramps value with a Song 3x PF and a 2x shot multiplier was 4.5M (so 6x total multiplier with a base value of 750K).

I added on “Double” Scoring via scoop, and the value went to 7.5M – and NOT 9M.
750K x [3+2] x 2 = 7.5M.

Same goes for Demon MB PFx:
JP with Song 3x running = 1.8M.
Same JP with Song 3x plus Demon 3x PF = 3.6M.
JP Base value was 600K.

1 Like

Man I hope my son doesn’t see this while he’s trying to learn multiplication.

6 Likes

Yeah, I remembered seeing 2x + 2x = 4x, I just haven’t seen it in a while. Stack 2 or more, get an extra multiplier free! Thanks!

But that’s how it’s supposed to work, right? 2x doubled is 4x :slight_smile:

Something, something, never use 2 in a math example… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It doesn’t work this way in ST. Since it’s the same code I am guessing it also does not work in KISS

1 Like

Yeah, All of the playfield X stacks additively in a goofy way; multiple playfield X values add together to create a new value. For example, 3x Song Playfield plus 2x Demon Playfield is a 5x overall playfield (3 + 2) instead of the 4x that the boosts would individually give.

Combo X, Shot X, and Playfield X stack multiplicatively with each other.

So 10x playfield + 3x from Gene is 13x playfield. Now combo that to a shot multiplier shot for 13 x 2 x 2= 52x shot max?

Don’t forget Double Playfield from the Backstage Pass.

10x Song Playfield + 3x Gene Playfield + 2x Double Playfield = 15x Playfield

15x * 2x * 2x = 60x shot max.

2 Likes

Wait, is 15x Song Playfield possible? Or is that just on a different setting? I guess in normal play it goes 2x 3x 5x 10x.

According to the Stern patch notes, it only goes up to 10x (lighting the Colossal Jackpot light). I feel like they threw in the “Max 15x” to kind of describe their wonky multiplier math without having to actually explain how it works.

2 Likes

Thanks man! This is terrific.