Oktoberfest: Pinball on Tap Rulesheet

Hmm. Did you by chance take any images?

No, sorry. Here’s what I remember, though: The results screen showed a time of exactly 15:00, so I speculated that maybe for some reason it just shows the score for the first quarter hour I played, but looking at the screenshots in this thread, this seems to have been a coincidence.

The higher score in the highscore table definitely wasn’t from some other game. This has been the only time I entered my initials, and the lower score from the results screen wasn’t listed in the highscore table, which did include lower scores than that.

New code is great. Polish in lots of areas, more callouts and lighting effects. Scoring feels more balanced. Reached Flipper Maestro on this game.

3 Likes

Hey Pinheads ! anyone has some clear informations about how Ducks and Calories can increase features in the game ? It’s obviously linked but how ? I can’t find any informations about that.

From earlier in the thread. Not sure how it impacts newer code updates.

Scoring balance has not changed in recent code updates.

Calories increase base jackpot values in the Beer Barrel and Corkscrew multiballs.

I worked on a complete Rule sheet in french but I don’t really get how ducks / calories increase the basic values of Jackpot. I know they do but how ? More generally, calculation of points / jackpots in this pinball is pretty hard to get, especially in the Beer Meister wizard or Stein Slinging wizard. Some multiplier occured but no sure wherer they come from lol. If anyone is able to explain, that would be huge !

For people interested :slight_smile :
Steins are not locked at only 3. When the player collected all the steins once, he can get a 4th of every Stein. If he collected all of them twice, he can reach a 5th of every Stein etc … Every time all Steins are collected, the Stein Wizard is lit at the bar. Meaning, this Wizard can be plaid multiple times. Meaning this pinball can reach far above 1 Billion because playing a tent with a x5 Stein scores crazy points !

these are the last 3 Steins not described in the rule sheet above:

1. Abby Nirmal Cider : Boost la mission BUMPER CARS / Facilite la collecte de canards.
  2. Master Mystery Dark : Boost la mission TAP IT / Augmente la valeurs des Spinner.
  3. Pin Wiz Ale : Boost le Wizard "Flipper Meister” / Augmente la valeur des Bumpers.

Super Striker is starting at 4000 points increasing by 4000 points at each powerful strike !

And this is what I wrote about the Ball save systems in OF. It’s the only pinball I know with so much different ways to “not lose the ball”. It’s in french but easy to translate.

SYSTEMES DE BALL SAVE :

Oktober fest est équipé de plusieurs système de Ball-save :

• Chaque fiche Ball Save à gauche et à droite dans la zone des Inlanes / outlanes permet de sauver les billes perdues dans les outlanes concernés si le Ball save est allumé complètement. ils peuvent être rallumés plusieurs fois (limite dans les réglages).
  • Re-Entry s’allume à l’outlane droit. Quand le joueur perd la bille à cet endroit, il dispose de 3 tentatives pour envoyer la bille dans le Scoop Tent directement (Skikkshot), sans rien toucher d’autre. S’il réussit, on lui tamponne la main à l’écran et la partie repart.
  • Rear Entrance est le petit passage qui permet au joueur de renvoyer la bille dans le lanceur depuis l’outlane droit si le timing est bien géré !
  • Pignon Central : Oktober Fest est équipé d’un pignon central qui peut faire rebondir la bille et la renvoyer dans le plateau en cas de coulante ou si la bille passe entre les 2 flippers. Il faut savoir jouer avec ce pignon et parfois ne pas tenter de flipper.
  • Last Call se déclenche quand on perd la bille dans l’outlane de gauche. Une bille se positionne dans le lanceur et on doit épeler le mot SOBER. Les lettres se SOBER sont allumées dans le zone PROST et OKTOBER FEST. Les batteurs réagissent avec retard pour simuler un état d‘ivresse ! Au fur et à mesure qu’on épèle SOBER, les batteurs répondent mieux et quand SOBER est complété, la partie reprend normalement. Ce mode vaut le coup rien que pour les têtes des participants à l’écran !

Prost everyone !

1 Like

• Each Ball Save card on the left and on the right in the inlanes / outlanes zone allows the balls lost in the concerned outlanes to be saved if the Ball save is completely on. They may be switched on several times (limit in the settings).

• Re-Entry lights up at the right outlane. When the player loses the ball there, he has 3 attempts to send the ball back into the Scoop Tent directly (Skillshot), without touching anything else. If they succeed, we stamp their hand on the screen and the play resumes.

• Rear Entrance is the small passage that allows the player to return the ball to the launcher from the right outlane if the timing is well managed.

• Central Sprocket: Oktoberfest is equipped with a central sprocket that can bounce the ball and send it back onto the playfield in the event of a spinner or if the ball drains between the 2 flippers. You’ll really need to learn how to play with this sprocket, (and in order to do so) sometimes you’ll need to set aside some time to practice this rather than play a game of Oktoberfest.

• Last Call is triggered when the ball is lost in the left outlane. A ball is positioned in the launcher and the word SOBER must be spelled. The letters for SOBER are lit in the PROST and OKTOBER FEST area. The drummers react with delay to simulate a drunken state! As SOBER is spelled, the drummers respond better and when SOBER is completed, play resumes as normal. This mode is worth it just for the heads of the participants on the screen!

Thanks for posting that Warnerguy. I love Oktoberfest but need to make some big improvements. This Rulesheet thread has been great, so thanks to Joe as well.

Some of the translation from Google seemed pretty far off, so i attempted to improve the translations i received. In a couple of instances i didn’t even even bother to repair the broken translation and left it be as is. If i missed the mark, correcting the translations i pasted certainly won’t hurt my feelings…

But i wanted to be able to try to understand what Warner had written as well as contribute a little bit to the thread as a way of showing my appreciation for the design and the production of this game. I hope to see more from API very soon (Queen is on the menu, no?)

Prost!

1 Like

Queen has been announced by Pinball Brothers, not American Pinball.

2 Likes

Joe, you and American are still Champions of the World.
:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Pardon my ignorance, Joe. Thanks pinball2020 for the extremely smooth save.

1 Like