NW Pinball Championships 2019

We are back with the 2019 edition of the NW Pinball Championships!

We are also part of the 2019 Stern Pro Circuit

2019 changes:

• New HIGH STAKE tournament added to the event! 4 games out of 5 card counting for your qualifier. Finals will be TOP 8 qualifiers on Sunday around 7:00 PM.
  • Return of the Women’s division with new improvements! Extended bank with now 4 games out of 5 counting. Finals will be at 8:00 PM on Saturday night on the same bank.
  • Expand the Classic bank with more game, now 5 out of 6 games count.
  • MORE FINALIST with an increased Open tournament Amateur division to TOP 12 finalist AS WELL AS adding a Amateur TOP 8 division to the Classic tournament (IFPA 1,000+ rank).
  • Adjusted difficulty for the Open bank machines as per last year feedback.

Details:

NW Pinball Championships 2019
September 6th to 8th (Qualifying Fri noon-midnight / Sat 10am-midnight, Finals Sunday)

We are continuing to receive great feedback about our new venue of the past 2 years and we are happy to announce we will be returning to the Lynnwood Bowl & Skate for 2019!

More at http://www.nwpinballchamps.com/
FB event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1528974810567141/

We take great pride in having an extremely dialed and enjoyable lineup and overall providing a world-class tournament experience.

We will be streaming the finals on Saturday night and Sunday all day. We will also stream the qualifying on Friday and Saturday (depending on availability). All this thanks for our partnership with GeekGamer.TV

We will have more announcement in the future as well as the banks line up!

11 Likes

also we have updated the location and travel info page of the site with more information.

Including new airport route to a regional airport north of Seattle 15 minutes from our location:

"…There is also new cheap and direct flights to the Everett (PAE) airport
from SFO/SJC/SAN/LAX/DNO & Vegas. 15 minutes from our location…"

2 Likes

Over a decade of top tier competition!

11 Likes

taking a page from our friends at INDISC and YEGPIN we have added a new division to our tournament, HIGH STAKE!

Qualifying will run from Friday to Sunday afternoon with the top 8 finals after the Open finals. Now running an Open, Classic, Women and High stake division!
Even more reason to come join us for a full weekend of pinball :wink:

Check out all the details at https://www.nwpinballchamps.com/

2 Likes

Check out the trophies and plaques for the upcoming Northwest Pinball Championships 2019 near Seattle on September 6-8th!

This year Tshirt art work revealed as well :slight_smile:

Last but not least the Grand prize for our raffle this year, generously sponsored by TiltCyle, a Jasmin wall hanger!

4 Likes

Alright everyone, we are a few weeks away from the event so it is time to kick off our TRIVIA to announce the banks’ machines and award free entries for the winners!

Follow the event on Facebook for all the latest update:

Here’s how it works:
I will give clues either in text and/or pics. Guess correctly after the 1st clue and win 1 OPEN entry at NWPC! Open entry can be exchange for the Women’s tournament as well.
Only 1 winner per game, so answer quickly! (Also, 1 guess per person, per day!)

Banks:

Open 8/8
-Batman '66
-Demolition Man
-Godzilla
-High Speed II: Getaway
-Iron Maiden (Pro)
-Iron Man
-Radical
-Wizard of Oz

Classic 6/6
-Abra Ca Drabra
-Atlantis (Gottlieb)
-Centaur
-Lost World (Bally)
-Magic (Stern)
-Star Trek (Bally)

Women/High stake 5/5
-Attack From Mars (WMS)
-Flash Gordon
-FunHouse
-TRON
-World Cup Soccer '94

AND, OF COURSE, IF YOU’RE NOT PLANNING ON ATTENDING, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM PLAYING. Thank you from me and everyone WHO IS planning on attending! You can always send me a private msg if you are dying to try your knowledge out!

Good Luck!

2 Likes

Time to get the gear ready!!! Getting ready for the Northwest Pinball Championships! Tune in to GeekGamerTV on Twitch! Qualifying Coverage starts on Friday, September 6th!

8 Likes

Is there a way for people not on fb to participate in the trivia contests?

1 Like

unfortunately it is very difficult logistically speaking for me to keep up with everyone social media decision. If you send me you email in a private msg i can try to email you when i post a new clue.

Amazing support from @GeekGamerTV this year! We are looking at supporting streaming from the 2 different rooms to stream qualifying and finals of all our 4 divisions!

5 Likes

We are looking at supporting streaming from the 2 different rooms to stream qualifying and finals of all our 4 divisions!

This is probably one of my biggest challenges ever when it comes to video because of the two detached locations for coverage (Open and Women’s/Classic/High Stakes) :slight_smile:

If it all works out (and if we have the bandwidth) - we could have 2 simultaneous streams!
1 Main Stream (that will have commentary, analysis and coverage of all machines in both rooms) and 1 Women’s/Classic Stream (no commentary, just gameplay).

The Main Stream will be on Twitch
The Classic Stream will be TBD*

*Not sure where I want to broadcast the second stream yet…:slight_smile:

Just trying to give these top tournaments the coverage they deserve with high quality (1080p60), good sound, graphics, commentary, interviews and more! (by the way if you want to help, please let me know!)

I’m hoping that after this event, I can expand to do more events in the PNW! I really truly feel that pinball can be the next “eSport” or cool competitive thing to watch online. I mean hell, if you can watch corn-hole, darts and bowling on TV, why not competitive pinball?

3 Likes

Thanks Chase. Love what you did with this event last year and can’t wait to see how it turns out this time.

1 Like

Hi all, we are nearly a week before the start of our event, there is still plenty to do.

In effort to be more efficient at the event, we have opened pre-registration where players can sign up in advance. That will help speed up registration at the desk.

Please visit the link below and check that you receive the confirmation email.
https://www.neverdrains.com/nwpc2019/

The email will also include event related information and schedule.

You will still need to activate your account at the event when you arrive before being able to use but it would be greatly appreciated if you could take the time to pre-registered to expedite the process.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Will game setup options be documented somewhere (either online or on signage)? For example, it would be useful to know whether Flash Gordon bonus multipliers carry over from ball to ball.

I know you’ll make a lot of game setup decisions right before the tournament, but are there any setup decisions you can share already? For example, will there be custom ROMs on Radical! or Star Trek (Bally)?

Thanks.

The final game adjustments will be posted on the machine. Though since it is an unlimited format there is plenty of possibility to observe game settings.

Happy to answer some questions before but we reserve the right to change any settings at any time. Both Radical and Star Trek Bally will have custom ROM. ST bonus collect is resetting bonus.

Anyone free TOMORROW to help me setup stream equipment at the NW Pinball Championships?

Really could use the help! So much to setup!

Thursday starting at 10am - Lynnwood Bowl and Skate!

(and you can earn free entries into the tournament!)

Please let me know!

Good Morning :sun_with_face:!

Broadcast update from the #NWPC. Last night - I ran into some major computer issues with the main broadcast machine. Working on making repairs, but the start time might be delayed.

Will keep you posted. Still shooting for 2pm PT but it might be pushed back.

1 Like

Everything is looking GOOD for a start time as scheduled!

2PM for the Northwest Pinball Championships 2019 with Chase and Ashley!

Stream at: twitch.tv/geekgamertv

Classics only stream: facebook.com/geekgamertv & youtube.com/geekgamertv

4 Likes

Happy Northwest Pinball Championships Saturday!
We will be live for Day 2 at 2pm PT!

Today’s Schedule:
2-6:30pm - Open Qualifying
6:30pm - 8pm - Dinner Break
8pm - Women’s Finals!

All on Twitch! http://twitch.tv/geekgamertv

#NWPC #Pinball #Twitch

3 Likes

Hey Everyone!
Did you miss the awesome weekend of pinball at the 2019 Northwest Pinball Championships? Here are all three days - full and unedited*!

*If you are looking for time stamps to specific events (like Open Finals), check the description of that video!

Friday Open Qualifying: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SV6lkaY9bI

Saturday (Open Qualifying & Women’s Finals): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFS99XcQdTg

Sundays (Classic Finals, Open Finals, High Stakes Finals):
Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD6l6V2bvzE
Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWkiibE06CE

Thanks to all who joined in on the broadcast!

Announcers: Chase Nunes & Ashley Weaver

Special Guest Announcers: Maureen Hendrix, Jon Shaiman, Adam Lefkoff, Escher Lefkoff, Johnny Modica

Chase

2 Likes