next.matchplay.events Rating Update Frequency

Does anyone know how often the match play website updates a players rating? Seems to happen somewhat randomly? Is there a way to request an update?

Happens daily.

Thanks for the info! So then could you explain why if I play a tournament, and that tournament is uploaded to IFPA the same day, it doesn’t show up in my ratings graph the next day (or next few days)? I notice it usually takes a week.

Ratings are updated daily, but have always been done on a seven day delay because TDs are not always great about hitting the “complete tournament” button in a timely manner. You can find all the info here but I’ll include the relevant section below: Rating info • Match Play Live

Each rating period starts at 00:00:00 and ends at 23:59:59 in the UTC timezone. The time a tournament is concluded determines to which rating period the tournament belongs. Tournaments spanning more than seven days are not eligible to be included in the ratings.

Ratings are calculated with a seven day delay. For example, tournament results for September 14th are calculated on September 21st. This delay gives tournament organizers time to verify and submit results.

If a player does not play in a given rating period, their rating does not change, but their rating deviation is increased.

1 Like

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

1 Like