Mobile Camera Rig: Plans and Materials

Built with the specs learned on this forum, with materials/vendors in Brazil.

Came out nicely, 100% perfect !!! Easy to build, took some time to adapt to what vendors carry in their stock but I nailed it on the head.

Thanks for sharing info here !!! Play pinball

Changed my username from livecatchpinball to funhousebra , but will change to funhouseBrasil as @raydaypinball pictured Rudy on lingerie’s LOL . Fun, Fun Fun LOL

5 Likes

I’m on the quest to find wireless HDMI TX/RX that can go through indoor walls and of course have three of them in the same room. Closed circuit without any need for external WiFi etc. Does this even exist?

@TomGWI don’t the actiontec ones work through walls?

They do to a point. When I would stream at my house it would give me a signal to the next room. If I tried to push it one more room I would lose the signal.

I’m going to try the Accsoon CineEye 2 Pro’s. I’ll report back with my findings. I saw @neilmcrae ran the Accsoon CineView HE’s in a triplet and it looked good. I liked the specs and flexibility of the CineEyes better though. Time will tell. According to reviews and the marketing material, they should carry signal through indoor walls with door openings.

1 Like

I suspect the Accsoon HE will go through walls at the 2.4GHz range. But it’s whether you can get three nicely to behave on the bands you need and not have any issues from other 2.4GHz sources.

Now had several streams with the HEs and they have been bullet proof at the UK Open we streamed 14 hours solid on Sunday without a blip but not a blip all weekend.

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Just to note the Accsoon’s use a lot of power. I’d be tempted to put each one on a battery on its own and then the cameras on another battery.

1 Like

I was chatting to Marc about that and it’s weird because Accsoon is using low power draw as a selling point. I’ll measure mine once I get them, as I like to have an equal draw across the battery stacks.

First round of tire kicking of the Accsoon’s. 5W of power draw, it fluctuates about +/- .5W. An annoyance is that the power-on is a single button and it has to be powered on manually. It should’ve been a regular on/off switch. The button is also mushy on a few of the units.

I need to build new wire harnesses to supply the USB-PD power (using USB-C to DC barrel).

I also want to warn that there might be camera incompatibility issues. For some mysterious reason, the transmitter won’t accept one of my Lumix G9’s. Same settings and firmware, I tried multiple cables. I’m stumped.

I’m setting up a test stream with this gear over the weekend hopefully. In the meantime, line of sight and indoors with multiple walls, no problem.

Walkthrough on Instagram… (edit: not sure why you can’t paste Instagram links as-is)

SOLD: That said, I have a complete 2x blackbirds + 1x Hollyland for sale as a kit. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Hey folks! does aanyone have the order for TNUTZ broken down? I see price via 8020 has doubled. Trying to find a cheaper option for a new local location in PA. If you happen to know of anyone looking to sell a rig that is not being used, That would also be something they would be interested in, just let me know!

I am a little unfamiliar with the individual pieces being used for the rig so I am afraid to just place the order without building from a list. IS the Sheet item decriptions transferable to TNUTz to fins the same items from 8020?

I think this looks correct. Most of the 8020 part numbers transfer directly over to Tnutz.

Yeah the power button is a poor design for this type of kit - not sure why that camera isn’t syncing to Accsoon - the only thing I’ve not be able to make work is the LVDS adaptor out of a stern game. It was going to ask the Accsoon guys if they can add an option for power on - on power connect.

Neil

Accsoon users. What do you like about these over the hollylands?

The feature the Accsoon lack, power-wise, is remembering the power state. If you unplug it while powered on it should come back on when power is restored. I really don’t care how they implement it, there should be an “always on at all cost” option.

Re: my G9 issue, it just must be that particular G9 as my other G9 worked just fine.

I only had one Hollyland so I can’t really speak to having a triplet and how they behaved in that situation.

Ok, I did a test stream with the Accsoon’s. Indoors 50ft apart with multiple obstructions and walls including a closed door! My garage is “fireproof”, meaning the door is an external door and the walls have double and thicker drywall sheets. All three pairs runs on separate channels and “groups” as they call it. You should also consider my space WiFi “noisy” as I have a mesh and over 30 devices connected at any time at both 2.4/5GHz.

I put a highlight on YouTube: Stern Pinball Godzilla LE: v1.0.1 with 1.5B GC on the meter. Streamed from Raccoon City Pinball. - YouTube and a full broadcast is available here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1638205884 (my lights are running in power-saving mode here so it may be a bit dark).

What I see when I blow the OBS program up in 4K is that there are compression artifacts. To the best of my knowledge I run them in HQ mode.

So far, so good!

And should I match the measurements you just put In This image or the ones on the Google sheet? Just making sure I order correctly.