Mobile Camera Rig: Plans and Materials

did they give you the release notes?

No, all I got was this:

We recommend you update to the latest firmware, the latest firmware fixed a few issues:

1, Output color space to fit Atem mini
2, Transmission stable improved
3, Output issue when frequently change the input resolution
4, 720p supported.

actually on the Facebook user group which they are very active in.

Neil.

1 Like

thanks Neil, just upgraded my 3 pairs to v1.18, most were at 1.11 with one pair at 1.14.

Looking at the setting i saw most were on transmission setting HQ but one pair was on normal, i assume HQ is better? would normal be better if signal has issue connecting in large location/obstructions setting?

I keep meaning to have more of a play with that function but never remember! I think its all about latency, so to reduce latency you sacrafice picture quality.

yeah i tried yesterday since i was keeping so lost frame from streaming in another room, went to “normal” instead of “HQ” i am not sure i was able to notice a difference really? would need a better controlled environment testing.

If you can find a Raspberry Pi or have one laying around you can try the project I’ve been working on from time to time.

It’s not the most user friendly yet but I think it’s at least usable and not too much hassle to setup and get going.

@gammagoat helped a bit testing it but I think has moved on to RX/TX receivers. And I’m always open to making any improvements I can.

I can run as many rigs as I want since only the active cameras are chewing up bandwidth and there’s no USB load on the streaming PC.

So I finally caved and built a rolling rig based on Karl’s travel spec’d one but I made it out of 20 series (2040) pieces and it’s really solid. I tried 2020 but it was a bit wobbly so I figured the wider stuff might help and it totally did. I got all my parts off of Amazon.

2 Likes

Folks,
what wheels are you using? I need to repace mine. Links appreciated.

Neil.

got cheap one at home depot… i think they only have the one size that fit the pre-drilled holes.

1 Like

I’ve replaced all my wheels with these. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08T1GZGZG

They will roll by themselves on hard floor if it’s not leveled but they’re easy to lock/unlock.

2 Likes

These are the same ones I bought with @dri 's recommendation. Exactly as described. Rolls on their own, easy to lock, and best of all: “cheap”.

I am looking at getting a better playfield cam. I currently have a CX-405 on the playfield and 2 GoPro clones (neither very impressive) for display and player cams. With a new cam I would make that the playfield cam, move the 405 to the display, and the better of the clones to be the player cam.

I have seen at least one pinball streamer use the Sony ZV-1 and came across the ZV-1F this weekend while poking around. I watched this video which does a great job comparing them, but not exactly in a way that I think is useful for pinball streaming. If you use a ZV-1, can you let me know what features are vital and if the F model also share them?

I think @hisokajp and @Frisbez use zv-1f and are happy as far as I know. Be aware that there are new zv-1, possibly denoted M2 or II. So be aware of which zv-1 you are looking at.

ZV 1F has no zoom fyi. If that matters to ya. I think that’s the major difference.

I did see a vid comparing the m2 to the original and the original seemed like the way to go, but neither were a bad choice IIRC.

Ohhh, I don’t know that I noticed that in the videos I saw. That would be a big deal. The F also has a wider field of view so unless it’s the proper zoom to the rig height, it wouldn’t be a good fit. Thanks for pointing that out.

1 Like

Yeah. Might be okay for a player cam though.

that’s where i use mine, works good enough :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Pinheads,

I had a lot of communication issues with the Hollyland Mars 300 Pro on the last tournament I streamed.

I’m using 3 Mars 300 Pro, one for each camera (playfield, score, and player). Everything was working perfectly during testing; I was able to move my Rig on all pinball machines in the room without any signal loose (the furthest machine in the room was, in about, 30-40 meters from receivers). All the room is open, so there were no obstacles or walls.

The event tooks place in Barcadia, Seclin, France, you can easily find photos on Google if you want to see how it looks like.

So, everything was perfect, until 120 players enter the room. When all players were playing their tournament on all pinball machines, I was loosing the signal on all Mars 300 Pro in approx. 5 meters from receivers.
I was not expecting such a signal loose on such a short distance, so, Saturday qualifications were catastrophic to stream and very difficult to watch.
For information, all my antennas are on a 2,20 meters heigh (transmitter and receiver), so higher than all the players in the room.

I don’t understand why players in the room are creating interferences like this, is it their cell phones? Or is it coils from pinball machines maybe?

Do you ever experienced a signal loose like this on such a short distance between transmitter and receivers and how did you deal with it?

I also have the feeling that Insider on Stern pinball machines is creating a lot of interferences on Wifi signals (which is used by Mars 300 Pro).
For finals, on Sunday, I asked Barcadia’s owner to disable Insider on all Stern machines and the signal was a little bit better that day on my Mars 300 Pro receivers.
I also switch off one of my receiver (the player cam) and signal was also better after this on the two remaining Mars 300 Pro. (I put a camera on a tripod directly from casting desk, plugged with a HDMI cable, and was able to show players in the room. Visually, it was very nice on stream, it changes radically from a front player cam)

All tournaments I watch on Twitch or YouTube don’t seems to have this kind of signal problem, so guys, what is your secret? :wink:

Thank you.

Soiree Flip

PS : Here is the replay of the qualifications, where a lot of conneciton issues took place : https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1921093006

I was never confident that you could use three of the Mars 300 Pros in the same area. This post proves that they are susceptible to regular radio interference as they seem to work when they’re on their own (I know someone else reported that they worked in a triplet).

Accsoon works with well over a hundred people in the room, through walls, doors and people. Each pair have two dedicated SSIDs (2.4/5Ghz) and the ability to manually tune channel if needed.

1 Like