Led Zeppelin Rulesheet

I set the locks harder, so you have to spell ROCK to light the locks teh first time.

1 Like

First time poster, and this is our first pinball game purchased. Love it, but something is just killing me. I understand your lock and the ensuing multi all, but I can never get to the option to start a second tour. I’ve read through the rules and it just seems to state that it would just start on its own after completing the ensuing tour multiball after completing the requirements of the first tour lock (20 bumpers, etc). What am I missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

After you’ve played your 1st tour multiball, you need to hit the right ramp. Then put the ball back into the left scoop. Then you can make your choice as to what your target will be next.

Hope that helps

Thanks so much for responding, I’ll give it a shot and let you know the result. Might take me a while though to pull that all off!!!

“Tours are started at the left eject and are indicated that they are lit by a flashing green arrow. Right ramp is used to qualify tours when they are not lit, and can be done at any time (such as during zeppelin multiball) except during wizard modes.”

Scoop is lit for free one the first tour. Next tour takes one right ramp. 3rd tour takes 2 right ramps, etc.

I believe EB points are affected by the playfield multiplier. At the very least, the clip linked in the rulesheet to prove they are not affected is not evidence. If you watch closely, he only qualifies playfield x before collecting the EB, he doesn’t actually start it. He then starts the playfield x after he already collected the EB. You can tell b/c the band member symbols and icarus inserts both pulse when playfield x is running (on top of the playfield x timer counting down and not being grayed out).

Agreed. Pretty sure playfield X will multiply the EBs. I’ve done it multiple times on hard setup games. It’s possible this was nerfed by a code update, but definitely worked previously.

2 Likes

Who has a good points scoring strategy on LZ premium for a low to medium skilled player? I’ve had the pin for quite awhile. Within the first couple months I had a monster game. Unfortunately, like I find with most pins I buy for home use, I’ve got a case of the “learn the pin blues”. Once I learned the rules and a bit of strategy my play on the pin got worse… now I haven’t even come close to that high score. Right now my electric magic is down, because of a bad opto for the spinner, but I honestly can’t imagine that effects my scoring by the several hundred million points I can’t seem to find.

Any thoughts? Anyone have a step by step progression they use?

Thanks

LZ is a game all about figuring out what song order works right for you and then trying to use that strategy as best as you can - I can’t really provide anything solid there because different strategies work for different players. One thing I have been focusing on, though, is getting all the target banks completed by ball 3 & Icarus X value at least 3.0x. During a multiball with a bunch of shots lit, this is where arguably the biggest points of the game come from - you might want to consider using band boosts during single-ball play to try and get the multiplier raised.

Tours should absolutely be considered in scoring, as these are multiball modes and while they might not last long early on, they still give you time to shoot around the playfield. If you’re in single-ball play and have already played a tour, shoot the right ramp to qualify the next Tour and then collect all the objectives during a multiball mode.

TL;DR always be in a multiball. You might want to get the Electric Magic spinner fixed, as this means you have access to another multiball besides Zeppelin and the ones for tours, and the mode actually can be fairly lucrative if you get both of the ball locks at the start.

As for ideal stacking… even if I have a bad game, playing any multiball mode with Immigrant Song tends to be quite valuable. Shortest song in the game but also has some of the most accessible shots, I’d say that can compensate for a measly first two balls.

1 Like

Don’t sleep on the side flipper shot… it starts super modes and makes your Icarus timer longer which can be huge

4 Likes

Ya, I have a order in to Stern through my distro, you can’t by the board I need anywhere. I’ve been able to nurse the board along at times but a couple hits to the Electric Magic and something goes loose on the R side board (adjusting the clear LED which is loose seems to fix it so I suspect thats it). Your point about another multiball makes sense.

I hadn’t thought about specifically hitting the target banks to max them out, I’ll give that a try.

I’ve been putting a lot of emphasis on the tour modes which means lots of cross table scoop shots which I find to be dangerous. Fortunately my pin lets me backhand the R ramp shot so that one isn’t as dangerous for tour restarts. Trying to combo to the R ramp from the L though is pretty sketch but often one of the only choices to combo shots too (or the R orbit from the L which isn’t much better)

Ya, I do alright at that shot but don’t quite have the timing down to be terribly consistent and missing introduces lots of side to side movement so I hesitate to shoot it sometimes. I get some mean rejects from it sometime as well.

BZarr summed it up nicely. Never start a MB without having a tour started as well. Use the MB to accomplish a tour, thereby setting up another MB. All the while, hitting song shots. Definitely cash in songs when at all possible for the all important band boost button. Listen to the song, try to get to Platinum, but if the song is near the end and you’ve got at least 5 gold records always cash in at the upper scoop.

Now, do you use the Band Boosts to extend MB or build Icarus? That’s really dependent on a lot of things. If you’re deep into a MB and the jackpots are getting juicy, I would use the button to extend MB. If you are deep into the game and song shots are getting juicy, I would use the boost button to pad your Icarus X.

Electric Magic Frenzy can be a pretty big score(the 2nd EM mode). When played well it can net you 200-500M. My best was closer to a Bill. Always try to carry(or earn) a red band boost into EM Frenzy. Extend that one as long as you can!

3 Likes

code 1.15
no counts when i choose 5 OBRITS
and the coils get really hot after 20 min - Eos checked they work fine - any ideas from your side ?
best regards

Tweaked the EB section to note that if set to points, it will be affected by the playfield multiplier.

@raydaypinball If using competition install, are EBs still able to be multiplied by the playfield x?

1 Like

Yes although I think the extra ball for records is turned off so it’s just available via starting your second tour multiball, or hitting 8 side ramps, etc

1 Like

Changed formatting and updated song mode section to the current code (1.19).