Keeping the Ball Alive: 30 Years of Stern Pinball

Hello Tilt Forums My name is Joseph Rubinstein, I am one of the guys working with Stern to bring you the Stern Pinball 30th anniversary coffee table book.

If you haven’t seen it already, please check it out here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/paperflock/keeping-the-ball-alive-30-years-of-stern-pinball

If you have any questions about the book or would like to discuss what should be covered in the book I would like to hear from you!

Thank you, Joe

2 Likes

Err… What entity is this celebrating the 30th anniversary of?

It’s essentially 30 years with Gary Stern at the helm of a company. While the company has changed ownership and names a few times, it was always guided by Gary Stern.

The structure of the company, it’s employees, and it’s mission didn’t change when the ownership and name changed.

Essentially we are covering Laser Wars to today.

What do you think the subtitle should be?

“The Sagacity of Stern”

At least Stern’s not self-publishing, then we’d have to wait for the 4th printing for the typos to be gone.

4 Likes

@jacknicklauson Clever but might not be clear to the casual reader at the book store :slight_smile:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

5 Likes

I hope this gets funded!

1 Like

And now a word from legendary Guns N’ Roses guitarist Slash!
In 1994 Slash worked with Stern Pinball on Guns N’ Roses Pinball and
again in 1998 for Viper Night Drivin’ Pinball. Now Slash has joined www.paperflock.com to write the forward for "Keeping the Ball Alive: 30 Years of Stern Pinball”. Own a piece of history and support the effort on Kickstarter here: http://kck.st/2epZhWc

1 Like

Maybe they should do a new reward level - - just the signed limited edition of the book, but also with Slash’s signature. Could be with or without the t-shirt; no need for the print or poster, most of us have way too many things on our walls already.

1 Like

It might be a big ask, but I can try :slight_smile:

Just added the Signed Slash Package!!!

1 Like