JM Bonus Collect/Hold Weirdness

Not that I’m aware of.

Sorry to bump an old post!

I futzed around with this in PinMAME, and the grid randomization indeed seems to depend on the ROM version, as @dbs hints in the rgp thread. The v0.5 ROM acts as described above with a single pattern, with the starting position shifted by some random amount. The 1.2R ROM seems to choose from three possible patterns, shifted by a random amount. The possible patterns I saw are:

1. HoldBonus, EB, BonusX, CrazyBob, Mystery, SuperLoops, VideoMode, AwardBonus, 50GB
  2. HoldBonus, CrazyBob, SuperLoops, 50GB, BonusX, AwardBonus, EB, VideoMode, Mystery
  3. HoldBonus, VideoMode, SuperLoops, BonusX, 50GB, Mystery, AwardBonus, EB, CrazyBob

So you can deduce the entire pattern by knowing two or three of the awards. Pattern 1 is the same pattern as v0.5 ROM. Not sure if other ROMs are floating around. I ran out of patience to look at this more, so take with a grain of salt :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Fine example of the bug yesterday at Pinball at the Lab (streamed on twitch/iepinball). Escher was the beneficiary of the bug big time (not that he needed it to win) - - 58B end score I think it was. Game starts at about 4:25 of the stream.

1 Like

Mnemonic Math

Legend has it 1TB+ hard drives came out when someone at the factory held multiplied bonus on a 320GB one.

4 Likes