INDISC 2020 - The Open IFPA Championship!

Diner does this, if the ball-in-play was shown, and not the score, when the status report sequence is started. Same for all players. There is also a display glitch on the ball/credit page. Nothing to do with the new ROM.

A lot of games, new and old, have trouble showing the main scoring or mode info page at the end of the status report sequence. Meaning while you’re still holding the ball. Can be rather anoying.

That’s one thing I despise about modern games - - the fact that their fancy displays prevent you from seeing all 4 players’ scores when you need to. It’s not for lack of screen space, there’s plenty of that; it would be easy to corner off a portion to always show the scores. The designers just don’t seem to care if you can’t tell how far ahead or behind you are, it’s all “hey, look at these cool effects.”

They had that fixed for a while around 2010… Tron, BBH, IM all always showed scores on the left side. I think partly driven by having extra space on the DMD during movie footage playback, but it was definitely helpful.

Know it’s a little late, but better late then never. This was my first time at INDISC, and I have to say it was awesome and an amazing experience. I will most likely be making this a yearly stop on my calendar. The tournament game setups were perfect in my option. All the games were really playable, and that was nice to see since there were a lot of people traveling far away to this this wonderful event. Thanks to everyone who made this event possible, thanks to the scorekeepers and techs. Special thanks to Jim, Karl, Bob, (probably others I forgot) and thanks to the Scorbit team. Was awesome witnessing this program in person. See everyone next year!

5 Likes

Very sad to think that the last INDISC / IFPA Open started a year ago today.

5 Likes

Andrei,

Yes, thanks for thinking of us. I dropped a note to Jim and Karl re how weird it feels to not be up to our eyeballs (them especially) running the tournament this weekend. Not quite the “mirror universe” but still not the one we started in.

4 Likes

such an amazing weekend

3 Likes

My first time there last year… I’d watched finals on streams over the years as INDISC evolved/grew. It was amazing to be there, see it in action and how much that the INDISC team has replicated a ton of what made the PAPA World Championships special.
I would have had even more appreciation for it had I known that it was going to be the last large tourney/event I’d get to go to for over a year. :frowning:

5 Likes

For me that’s one of the things I hope improves in general- new appreciation of many things we once took for granted.

Neil.

7 Likes

Karl posted this on Facebook, so I thought people might want to know:

" What’s the next best thing to attending what should have been INDISC 2021 this weekend? Watching the not-available-until-this-weekend INDISC 2020 tournament broadcasts on https://www.twitch.tv/iepinball!

Saturday 10am PST - Classics I / Women’s / Classics II

Sunday 10am PST - The Open / High Stakes

#indisc #museumofpinball #pinball #ifpa #worldchampionship #theopen"

Original post on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/karl.deangelo/posts/10158213349898073

6 Likes