INDISC 2018 - 'It Never drains in Southern California Pinball Tournament and Festival'!!

Hello all!

We’re very excited to announce that our 7th annual “It Never Drains in Southern California Pinball Tournament” will be held at the Museum of Pinball in Banning, CA from January 12-14, 2018!

The Museum of Pinball will be OPEN for INDISC 2018! 500+ pinball machines on Free Play! More details on this coming soon!

Modern and Classics tournaments
A/B/Women’s’ divisions
Casual Pin Golf tourney

TOPS tourneys’ for both Master and novice players.

IFPA sanctioned tournament. WPPR’s will be awarded!

PAPA circuit MAJOR event!! (And, the final event of the year!)(Thanks again to all who voted for us!) =)
And…a Stern Pro Circuit Event as well!

Project Pinball side tourney!

Over $15k prize fund last 3 years! Projected prize fund this year is $20k!

Qualifying:
Friday, Jan 12th, 10am – midnight
Saturday, Jan 13th, 10am –mid (scorekeepers only from 11pm-mid)

Finals: (Sunday Jan 14th)
Classics finals: TBA
"A" and “B” Finals will begin after the conclusion of Classics Finals

More details to come!

If you’re interested in seeing the full list of rules and details or
need any other info like lodging etc., check out our website:
http://www.neverdrains.com
And Arcade Expo’s website: www.arcadeexpo.com and www.indisc.com

January is a great time of year to come visit CA! Make your plans now to get out of that snow and rain and spend some time with us! :wink:

Not interested in playing in INDISC 2018? You’re still welcome to come see what all the ‘Museum of Pinball’ has to offer…and you can watch the best players in the world battle it out for cash and prizes!
Watch all the action on our overhead monitors! =)

Co directors: Karl DeAngelo and Bob Matthews

Always looking for more sponsors! Let us know if you’d like to be added to the list!

Interested in scorekeeping?..let us know! (7 entries for every 2 -hr shift! + a bonus hr of qualifying on Sat night!)

Coming in from out of state? - 2 free entries for you!
Coming from outside North America? - 5 free entries for you!!

Like Trivia? Win free entries and have fun doing it! More Details soon!

Finals live-streamed on Twitch TV!

Hope to see you in January!! :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Do you have any kind of estimate or idea of how long finals on Sunday will last? How long were classics finals last year on Saturday evening?

Thanks! Looking forward to finally making it out to this one.

definitely interested by the full schedule now that there are a women and a pingolf tournament added.

Finals generally run long. Last year ended around 7-8pm I think and Classics was around 11pm. For main finals, 4 game matches with 24 finalists can take a long time.

We’re going to meet in a few weeks to firm up the schedule and other loose bits.

Have you considered backing it down to 3 game matches? Or forcing groups to play 1-2 pins of the 4 from a faster-playing era like Early SS or EM?

So…what you’re saying, is I should probably plan on leaving Monday…an 11:55 out of LAX doesn’t seem like a good idea.

Live stream is on http://twitch.tv/iepinball ?

shudders No!

I feel like tournaments are going the wrong direction with this sort of thing. You’re qualifying for two full days, you should get a full finals experience to show your stuff.

7 Likes

Monday is a holiday! :slight_smile:

1 Like

As [quote=“timballs, post:7, topic:3269, full:true”]
Live stream is on http://twitch.tv/iepinball ?
[/quote]

Yes, it will be.

2 Likes

yes, always Monday as a safer bet :wink:

1 Like

Depends on how deep you go in finals :wink:

What I’m going to start doing for tournaments is to book two Southwest flights, one for Sunday night and one for Monday morning. If I get knocked out early, go home Sunday and cancel the Monday flight, and vice versa for the other scenario. Good as long as Southwest continues to give full credit towards future flights for canceled itineraries all the way up to 10 minutes before departure.

3 Likes

That’s good info I didn’t know. However this trip will be paid for through work, so I will sadly not be taking advantage of Southwests lax cancellation policies!

I will be sure to wave at the camera!

2 Likes

I’ll be running the Pingolf event. Not exactly sure what I’ll be doing yet but I can say now that it will not be awarding WPPRs and will be using IFPA style scoring. Everyone is welcome to play of course but the idea is to provide a casual competitive event for players and museum goers that may be intimidated by the skill level and/or cost of the main tournaments.

3 Likes

love some pingolf :slight_smile:

Happy Saturday all!

More details up at www.indisc.com and www.arcadeexpo.com

…and…Tournament game trivia coming soon! :smile:

1 Like

whaaaa??? another new website? nice nice :slight_smile:

The full tournament schedule for 2018 has been posted on our website: www.neverdrains.com

Pre-purchase your tickets for INDISC now at www.INDISC.com

3 Likes

Updated rules and schedule now online at www.neverdrains.com

Modern bank: 14 games! (Lots more work to do! ;0)
Classics bank: 7 games
Women’s Division! (new this year) - 4 games
Several side and charity tourneys!
Casual ‘Pingolf’ tourney!

More Sponsors this year! - More cool prizes!

500+ pinball machines on free play!!! Lots of Rare games onsite!

AND…wait for it…INDISC game trivia is almost here!! :slight_smile:

Our 1st trivia game will be at 5pm PST on Black Friday! - Win FREE entries! - You can play trivia here and on our Facebook event page!
Will post rules with the 1st trivia clue Friday.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!