IFPA Mobile App, Available on Android and iOS - Community Discussion, bug reporting, etc

Yeah, the player search API does a full join against the ranking data, instead of an outer join, so if the player isn’t ranked, they are filtered out.

It’ll be fixed soon.

2 Likes

This will be so helpful to have fixed!

2.1.2 Dropped today. Minor UI fixes and a few bug fixes. There’s no NACS 2020 data yet; to counter that there’s a filter on the Championship Series page to let you pick which years data.

Next release will contain all the custom ranking reports from the website. I’m off to INDISC so probably won’t see it until mid January.

3 Likes

Is the person who wrote this review on tilt forums? I have questions and want to see if I can help resolve his issue

IFPA app version 2.1.4 is posted to the App Store and Play Store. This has a big performance boost to the calendar page which helps out Android especially.

4 Likes

I guess the android version was rejected due to “family policies “ due to linking to tiltforums? Maybe they mistook the link for a pinside link :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Hi - first and foremost, really appreciate all the hard work that’s been put into this app!

I may have a bug regarding notifications - and please forgive me if this has already been addressed. I’ve turned notifications on both in the app, and I am not getting any notifications - ranking change, tournament result posted, anything. Notifications turned on in both the app itself and my settings. I have myself selected as my player / my stats / etc. Version of app is 2.1.4. Using iPhone XR on iOS 13.2.3. Screenshots below. Is there anything I’m doing incorrectly or is this a known issue? I’d love to get a notification when a new result is posted, that would be really slick :slight_smile:

Do you know if background app refresh is turned on? it’s under the apple settings app, then choose IFPA down the list.

the refresh should be happening periodically (it’s supposed to happen every 15 minutes but it seems to vary significantly).

Huh, just realized that I while I used to get notifications, I haven’t seen them in a while. Just opened the app, and my Activity Feed shows nothing newer than 2/5/2020. I have had a couple tournaments posted to my results since then, and I used to get a rank changed notification every couple of days too. Background app refresh is on.

Interesting. I’ll shoot a note to @Shep. I had a result post from 2/16 and I was alerted.

Mine is not on. Admittedly, I was unaware of this setting, as I haven’t had any issues in notifications from other apps. I’ll respond if this indeed solves this issue. I appreciate the tip!

1 Like

Just got a rank change notification. Missing tournament results have appeared in the Activity Feed.

1 Like

Looks like you won the Android submit battle. Got the update.

New map page definitely looks better. Initial thought: Zoom buttons should recalibrate results. Only adjusts map now.

Suggestion - in ranking filters, Women’s goes to open WPPR rankings with no option to look at WWPPR rankings. Can this be implemented?

Yes, it can. I need to add an additional parameter when you select ‘Women’ in the dropdown to allow a secondary selection of ‘Open Tournaments’ or ‘Women’s Tournaments’. I will try to get it in the next release. Thanks for the feedback I don’t know how that didn’t get implemented!

Just an update that this feature request for WWPPR rankings is in place in version 2.1.5 which is live in both stores (can take a few hours for it to update)

4 Likes

I know the last thing on anyone’s mind is getting alerts when your rank changes right now, but I did push an app update yesterday; improvements to dark mode support on iOS, change to filter criteria on the rankings page, and a little more information on the tournament detail page.

I miss pinball and hope to see you guys at events next year!

4 Likes

I’ve used the ap for a while, just wanted to say thanks.

1 Like

The app is currently not working for Android. There’s an issue with the Android / Xamarin platform used in the app, and the Let’s Encrypt certificate used to sign the IFPA API. iOS is unaffected. I’ve emailed Brian to see if there’s a way around this, for now data won’t show up in the Android app :frowning:

1 Like

Just an IFPA Companion app update. 2.3.0 is live in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. Minor housekeeping stuff. Trying to keep the app frequently updated with its underlying nuget packages.

I’ve been inspired by Corey Hulse’s project to create an IFPA Companion Discord bot. Check it out, github contains a link to install the bot if you’re feeling experimental.
edgiardina/IFPACompanionDiscord (github.com)

Lastly, I wanted to thank the community here. What started as a lark project almost 4 years ago has turned into a TWIPY nominated app? (I just found out there was a mobile app twipy thing like, two days ago). I also used the experience I gained learning mobile apps to find a new job doing mobile app development, which significantly changed my life for the better. I appreciate all the feedback, and all the support from the talented and smart people at the IFPA (Brian, Josh, etc). TiltForums is an awesome positive space (hard to say that on the internet these days!) and I’m looking forward to playing pinball with everyone soon!

11 Likes