IFPA Discord Bot

I’ve created an “IFPA Companion” Discord bot for displaying relative IFPA data in Discord.

Wanted to create a new thread instead of adding it to the IFPA App thread.

TL;DR add the bot with this link. I am collecting zero data on the bot’s use and the bot ignores all text that doesn’t start with /ifpa so privacy shouldn’t be an issue.

The bot’s code is here:
edgiardina/IFPACompanionDiscord (github.com)

The bot has a help command and is being actively improved but as of today you can:

• Get a player’s profile with the /ifpa player command
  • Get rankings of players across main, women, youth and country using the /ifpa rank command
  • Get NACS standings using the /ifpa nacs command
  • Get upcoming tournaments using the /ifpa tournaments command

Hopefully someone finds this useful, and contributions and requests are totally welcome. I’m also interested in a slackbot assuming I can find a good framework. I was heavily inspired by Corey Hulse’s thread where he created an NACS bot. He and others helped me understand what people would want to see and gave me ideas on how to display data.

12 Likes

Hi @Richthofen
Quick question, I’ve invited the bot to my server but it doesn’t appear to have any commands available. When checking server settings > integrations it states “This application has no commands.” Is there a step I could be missing?

Also I wanted to thank you for documenting the ifpa api on your github. I made a small site for my state (pinballtn.com) and definitely wouldn’t have been able to pull in state standings data without your documentation.

Sorry to bump this old thread but it seemed the most appropriate place for this question.

Can you share the text of the command you are running?

This is must be user error on my part. I’m probably just using the wrong syntax.

I can’t figure out how to use /ifpa tournaments . i’ve tried using TN, tennessee, nashville

I guess I got thrown off by not seeing /slash commands while typing or commands listed in server settings.

Update: got it working. after going though the github again, I was missing the distance parameter. /ifpa tournaments 50 nashville, TN

Sorry for bothering you with silly questions.

Yeah it’s not a true command taking bot. That’s why the slash help doesn’t come up. Real commands can be multi part and interactive. The bot is a bit more dumb. It’s only checking single messages.

Yeah so if you do “/ifpa help tournaments” it shows you params. Ones in <> are required and ones in [] are optional.

Thank you. It works perfect. I just had to get out of my own way.

1 Like

The discord bot has been updated. It now uses real Slash commands including helper dialogs to inform you of parameters to use. The syntax should be a lot easier, use series instead of knowing all championship series codes. There’s no more help info required for this. Let me know if you see any weird behavior or have bugs to report.

2 Likes