IFPA Mobile App, Available on Android and iOS - Community Discussion, bug reporting, etc

Yes, it can. I need to add an additional parameter when you select ‘Women’ in the dropdown to allow a secondary selection of ‘Open Tournaments’ or ‘Women’s Tournaments’. I will try to get it in the next release. Thanks for the feedback I don’t know how that didn’t get implemented!

Just an update that this feature request for WWPPR rankings is in place in version 2.1.5 which is live in both stores (can take a few hours for it to update)

4 Likes

I know the last thing on anyone’s mind is getting alerts when your rank changes right now, but I did push an app update yesterday; improvements to dark mode support on iOS, change to filter criteria on the rankings page, and a little more information on the tournament detail page.

I miss pinball and hope to see you guys at events next year!

4 Likes

I’ve used the ap for a while, just wanted to say thanks.

1 Like

The app is currently not working for Android. There’s an issue with the Android / Xamarin platform used in the app, and the Let’s Encrypt certificate used to sign the IFPA API. iOS is unaffected. I’ve emailed Brian to see if there’s a way around this, for now data won’t show up in the Android app :frowning:

1 Like

Just an IFPA Companion app update. 2.3.0 is live in the Google Play Store and Apple App Store. Minor housekeeping stuff. Trying to keep the app frequently updated with its underlying nuget packages.

I’ve been inspired by Corey Hulse’s project to create an IFPA Companion Discord bot. Check it out, github contains a link to install the bot if you’re feeling experimental.
edgiardina/IFPACompanionDiscord (github.com)

Lastly, I wanted to thank the community here. What started as a lark project almost 4 years ago has turned into a TWIPY nominated app? (I just found out there was a mobile app twipy thing like, two days ago). I also used the experience I gained learning mobile apps to find a new job doing mobile app development, which significantly changed my life for the better. I appreciate all the feedback, and all the support from the talented and smart people at the IFPA (Brian, Josh, etc). TiltForums is an awesome positive space (hard to say that on the internet these days!) and I’m looking forward to playing pinball with everyone soon!

11 Likes

This is cool. Is there a read me with a list of available commands? I’m also typing /ifpa rank as you did above but nothing is happening. !ifpa doesn’t seem to do anything either. I must be doing something wrong. The bot was added to my integrations successfully.

Jay, I am live-debugging the app right now. /ifpa help will show you commands. it’s a WIP, should be stable later this evening. you’ll have to spam /ifpa help while I add more endpoints to see what’s available.

1 Like

Here are the commands as they stand tonight. suggestions are welcome and I’ll add anything I can.

Help

Listing all top-level commands and groups. Specify a command to see more information.

Commands

`help`, `nacs`, `player`, `rank`

So you can search for a player, you can show the top rankings (and pass a param to show womens and youth rankings), and show NACS overview as well as NACS standings by State/Prov

Here’s some ideas off the top of my head…

List by rating
Maybe something that spits back the h2h results for any given player
List of tournaments in a given area
List results of a specific event

Got it working… permissions issue. My fault.

If this gets annoying please tell me. I figure I’ll just throw out the things I can think of and you can take them or leave them.

Player search by player number (just name works now)
Rankings by efficiency percentage
Rankings/rating/efficiency by state (womens and mens)

Not at all annoying. I want people to use it, so hearing what people want is a big help. I’ll be tinkering on it this week so hopefully I can add some more features like the ones you requested

1 Like

Ed, I know we’ve been talking on Discord but I wanted to share appreciation for this effort. The undocumented v2 API seems really awesome, and the quick work you’ve done on the Discord bot has been amazing to see. I’m looking forward to seeing the additional features come together. I think this bot will be an integral part of the local Discord community that we’re building.

Adding to the feature request list:

• Upcoming Tournaments → Pass along a location and get upcoming tournament listings within X miles (like on the site and your app). Would be nice to see Name, Location, and then hyperlink to IFPA or deep-link the app.
  • Player command → Also return current NACS standings
1 Like

Felt cute, might mess around with Discord Embeds later

new features: player by id, nacs by country, upcoming tournaments

2 Likes

In my iOS app I’m seeing my NACS rankings for 2019. In the IFPA site, it shows the 2022 standing under my name. Is my app hanging up on something that I need to give it a little nudge, or is this what others are seeing as well? My stuff is set to auto-update, so I’m pretty sure I have the latest version, if that would matter.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback @desertt1 ! So the NACS api endpoints are changing… because different series are coming up, like Australian, Women’s, NACS, etc. So the developer has made a more robust and generalized API endpoint where you can provide what you want. Long story short: I need to change the code in the app. I have a long weekend this weekend so it might happen this week! Thanks!

1 Like

I accidently turned off the rebuild for the old NACS code, thus the data went stale. It will continue to update with each website rebuild until @Richthofen can change the apps to use the new API.

Brian

1 Like

Thanks to both of you. The effort is appreciated.

Version 2.3.1 of the IFPA Companion App is now live in the iOS App Store. Google Play version awaiting approval but should be released soon.
Player Search moved to the Rankings Page
Championship Series moved front and center
Championship Series now available for ACS and Women’s CS.
Championship Series for an individual Player is fixed.
Country flags repaired.

One of the side effects of these changes is we don’t have historical NA Championship Series data with these new endpoints, yet. So only 2022 data is available.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Version 2.4.0 is available for iOS. Android coming soon, fixing some display bugs. This version has deep linking so that if you follow a link to a player page or tournament result it will open in-app.

Also; players you’ve viewed are available in spotlight search.

8 Likes