How do I calculate TGP for "flip frenzy" format?

I can confirm that this was the case. Also, under last year’s rules, the TGP for Flip Frenzies was calculated using the number of games played by the winner, rather than the average. The intent of the new rules was to close potential loopholes, and reduce the variance in TGP.

Additional question regarding reporting Flip Frenzy results. A player left my tournament early. After the conclusion, I can see that that player played fewer than half the number of average games per player reported by Matchplay. Should that player be removed from the reported results? Should I then recalculate the average number of games by removing their played games from the total and dividing by the number of remaining players?

Just remove the player, don’t worry about recomputing the average.

1 Like

We ran a tourney recently that had a flip frenzy qualifying, followed by Amazing Pinball Race format finals. I’m pretty sure I understand how to get meaningful games played for the Frenzy. How is it calculated for the Race? We played 8 games. The eventual winner had to play all 8 games. But along the way, the player may have had to play only a one or two ball game to beat the lowest score. At least one player MUST play a full game in every round. Does that = 8 meaningful games played or is it some lower number?

Just thinking ahead to when IFPA cranks back up!

Paging @PinballNarcissist

1 Like

And @pinwizj :thinking:

Lol I haven’t thought about this stuff in over a year. I need my own refresher crash course before we open up.

Amazing Race I believe everyone plays every game, so every game counts towards TGP. The fact it doesn’t take you all 3 balls to advance doesn’t matter. It would be similar to player 2 not playing their last ball in any normal match if they’ve already won.

7 Likes

best format ever?

1 Like