Hiring a game programmer

I realized I posted this in a lot of places but somehow neglected here. So, if you think you might want to have something to do with actually making these things we all love and enjoy, read this then send me a cover letter and resume to keith at jerseyjackpinball.com

As a nonsequitor, I now know everything about discourse formatting.

Jersey Jack Pinball is looking for a Game Programmer to work full-time in our Midwest Campus in Streamwood, IL and to help develop the most advanced pinball games in the market today.

Responsibilities

Work with a team of programmers, mechanical engineers, artists, and sound engineers to do the following:

• Design and implement fun, interesting, and innovative game rules
  • Work with artists in setting up and coding HD graphics displays
  • Work with sound engineers in setting a mood, designing a script, and getting the game “heard”
  • Implement device drivers for new game mechanisms
  • Come up with interesting and fun ideas for game themes and playfields

Experience

• Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related discipline (or related experience)
  • Very strong understanding of C++
  • Good understanding of the differences between real-time, preemptive, and cooperative multitasking
  • Understanding/experience in each of the following is a plus:
  • Microsoft Visual Studio
  • Linux - including sh/bash programming and system administration
  • 2D graphics implementation
  • Embedded systems development
  • Enjoys pinball and other games

Principals only, no recruiters. Jersey Jack Pinball is an equal opportunity employer.

11 Likes

Thank you for posting this. I have been wondering for a long term what languages and skills you’d need to know. My degrees (BS/MS) were in New Media with a focus on Game Development / Computer Graphics. Sadly I have spent the last few years as a Java Developer so not quite there yet.

Thanks for posting!