Good games / Bad games for streaming

In tournament mode the center shot does not advance Eddie letters.

1 Like

Before dooming some games as lesser ideal for competition play or broadcasting, please note that game setup and modification can change the battlefield quite a lot.

Just keep it sensible and always make players aware of creative modifications. Preferably in advance.

A plunge-over type of play may be stinged to some extend by simply installing the stiffest of springs available. And adjust/rebuild the plunger to hit the ball dead center.

And if players keep plunging the ball back to the shooter lane, pull the passive-play card and instruct them to get on with it or face a DQ*.

On narrowing shots, please think ahead of the immediate play it is desired to bias against.

(*) I recommend. DQ’ing players mid-game, the score they’ve achieved so far should be noted. And not zero points.

Get creative.

3 Likes

It must not have been on tournament mode then? Definitely was lit at IFPA and NWPC: Pinball Videos Pinball Videos

As someone who loves watching paint dry, I’d love to see a tournament with BK2000, Pharaoh, BKSOR premium, Family Guy with default upper playfield settings,WWFRR, and Gladiators. Got a plane to catch player 2 ? Too bad.

2 Likes

Hey leave WWFRR outta this!! Haha.

I’ll add solar fire to the mix.

1 Like

Good one Chuckwurt, forgot about that one. I also forgot about Shrek.

I vote for Shrek because I’d love to hear Smashmouth on endless repeat during a stream.

4 Likes

I hope this isn’t happening anywhere and never catches on.

5 Likes

Only on ball one sadly :frowning:

short ball times in my experience! :smiley:

Was Iron Maiden in tournament mode at Expo? I noticed on two games that I played of it my first mode was fear of the dark rather than the usual default mode for tournament mode?

Neil.

A little confused here. My Pro is in tournament mode, starts with Fear of the Dark, and for at least the first 2 modes the center ramp adds Eddie letters. Are we missing something?

1 Like

Yes, you are missing the code I have which is different :wink: Forgot we never released with the updated tourney settings which removes the center shot and makes loop jackpots more worth going for.

11 Likes

I’m ready to beta test it! The Delaware Tour Championships are happening on 11/16, with over $1800 in prize money on the line :grinning:

Unfortunately the damage is done. All roms for DMD’s have been modified to automatically DQ a player if the ball stays in the shooter lane too much.

The other question is - “competition mode”, or “competiton install”?

One of the giveaways of competition install is the drops starting at the lowest award (bonus X) instead of the middle (light orb). I can 100% confirm too that competition “mode” without competition “install” sets the starting mode to FOI and does not make the center drops one award harder.

Competition mode removes randomness. Comp install changes settings.

Did this change recently? Last time I tested competition “mode” made starting mode Icarus where as install made it Fear of the Dark

2 Likes

We always turn on “tournament mode” (not “install”) for local events and it’s always started at Flight of Icarus as long as I can remember.

That contradicts your last statement which is why I was confused :slight_smile: