Ghostbusters Magnaslings

I had a deposit down for a premium, but was very pessimistic that I’d follow through once I read about the magna slings.

Then I played the local pro model here in Seattle and I borderline can’t stand it. I’m not saying it’s a bad game, but I prefer to play in control, and it’s really just seemed like the game has far too much chance built into it. The captive balls on the left are murder. I’d almost rather try and light SFM via luck in the pops. And this particular model (hopefully not all) had major airball issues over the low-profile lanes.

I’ve watched quite a few “regular folk” get excited about the theme when they see it, play for an astoundingly short time, get frustrated, and leave.

All that said, the Dead Flip LE stream was the most playable I’ve seen the game, and the magna slings actually looked kinda fun. I plan on waiting till an LE/Prem shows up in town before putting down the cash.

1 Like

Correction: I just came across the video of @sk8ball playing it at Expo:

Keith has a way of making things look easy, but this is like a different game than the one here in Seattle.

Meh, I’ll give it more time.

The flippers on the 8 Bit one came set low from Stern. They were talking about adjusting them up a little to help with some more ball traps.

The inlane guide airball thing just needs a hardware fix, I’m interested to see if something comes out to address it.

very low for sure… it makes for interesting deep controllable dead bounce though? played like 5 games today and got two air balls over the out lanes…
If only the damn slimmer would actually register hit now…