Game of Thrones Pinball Rulesheet

1.37 is up. Competition install looks TOUGH.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/GOT-1_37_0-README_PRO.txt

2 Likes

Man, youā€™re not kidding!

Added several adjustments to the competition install.
SWORDS UNLOCK MULTIPLIERS - HARD - Cannot increase playfield until at
least one sword collected.
RAM HITS FOR MULTIPLIERS - HARD - Takes more hits per multiplier
TWO BANK DIFFICULTY - EXTRA HARD - The two bank will always time out.
BLACKWATER BALL SAVE TIMER - 6 seconds
WALL BALL SAVE TIMER - 6 seconds
HAND BALL SAVE TIMER - 8 seconds
IRON THRONE BALL SAVE TIMER - 10 seconds
WINTER HAS COME BALL SAVE TIMER - 10 seconds
LEFT DROPS AWARD LORD OF LIGHT - OFF - Bank will not light the outlanes.
LANNISTER BUTTONS PER GAME - EXTRA HARD - 4 buttons per game
TARGARYEN FREEZE TIME - HARD - 10 seconds
TARGARYEN HOUSE POWER - HARD - Two dragons are completed at the start
DIRE WOLF FREQUENY - HARD - 2 per game Dire Wolf house mode completing

3 Likes

The above seem like overkill. No thanks.

What are the best settings for a tournament (head 2 head)?
Or should I turn the direwolfs off just like in the old software version?

thx

Having the 1.36 version in a tournament 2 weeks ago, I would say leave it as is but tighten the tilt, max outlanes with no rubber on posts, and make it steeper than normal. Also sensitive slingshots and 1-2 seconds ball save, or no ball save, depending on the competitors etc.

1 Like

I can tweak these tournament settings.
1 - I need a consensuses. Worst case I will make Josh choose and you will be stuck with that.
2 - There is currently no GOT updates planned. So dunno when it would happen. But it wont be years.
: ā€“ )

2 Likes

Was playing the other day and using both the combo multipliers and playfield multipliers with Greyjoy having plundered Tyrell then Lannister, I was able to collect 500 million off of a single Mystery award.

Itā€™s the little things. :]

2 Likes

A consensus is IMPOSSIBLE :slight_smile:

I will say that in the years weā€™ve used GOT for IFPA Tournament play, the only settings changes weā€™ve ever changed from default have been to lower the multiball ball saver timers to MINIMUM (besides Casual Mode - which weā€™ll now just pick a house in advance).

Outside of that weā€™ve felt the factory settings have always been just fine for our events.

It would be great for the Competition INSTALL to lower those multiball saver timers in one button press, but even I donā€™t mind doing it manually.

If it was me I would just put the game out there you want to be played. IMO thereā€™s no need to force ā€˜hardā€™ settings on everything just for hardness sake. TDā€™s are welcome to pick and choose those feature settings at their convenience based on what theyā€™re looking to get out of their event.

5 Likes

I tried downloading the 1.37 code from the website for my LE but when I install it says it is successful but the code reads 1.36. I talked to Chas and he said there are a lot of people having problems and a new code update is being worked on. I was wondering if anyone else has had an issue

Zero issues on my premium.

1 Like

Does anybody know how the value of the swords is figured? Seems random. Others have suggested so, but that canā€™t be true.

Believe it!

The value of the particular swords is consistent, but the order you get them is random.

Unless you collect the most valuable one at 25x, they arenā€™t worth much at all. The more important thing is unlocking your multipliers with them.

2 Likes

Also. Hereā€™s a tutorial on the premium/LE rules. 1.37 code. Enjoy!

5 Likes

If you want a good HERB strat, here it is (if itā€™s a premium). Can do this on a pro, just harder.

Lannister and bring all the good houses into HOTK, and profit.

Credit to Zach MacCarthy for helping me with this!

4 Likes

Iā€™m a fan of the Greenjoy HERB strat on a premiumā€¦ Choose Greyjoy then play tyrell, complete the castle on the upper playfield and now just alternate right ramp shots with castle shots building shots up to 75 mil which you can repeat forever

5 Likes

Haha. Never ending Tyrell mode. Forgot about that. I think Werderick told us about this forever ago.

Hereā€™s a random bug weā€™ve found a while back that I havenā€™t told @Dwight about since itā€™s not likely to happen too much - but we were explaining the game to newbies and as we started Blackwater Multiball on lock three and were choosing houses, we kept hitting flippers before Blackwater would start to explain why you might want to choose these two particular houses vs these houses and what the pros and cons were. If you switch these back and forth quite a lot, some hidden timer will run out and when you do start whatever houses you choose, you wonā€™t actually be in Blackwater MB - itā€™s pretty funny but also of course kinda sucky :joy:

2 Likes

Does it consume your locks, or do you only have to relight your 3rd lock to get into MB? That could actually be useful if you didnā€™t have the houses youā€™d like ready for the MB stack (maybe if you accidentally lit 3 locks before lighting Lannister).

or does it make it go to -255 locks to MB?

nope it starts the MB but the MB is over and you have to relight all your locks IIRC. Not sure but I presume that next set of locks is harder as if you actually played the BWMB

1 Like