Game of Thrones Casual Mode rules?

Does anyone have experience playing this mode? Specifically how are houses qualified and in what order are all the houses…?

Thanks

@pinwizj did that last year i think?

In casual mode, you automatically start the game as House Stark, with Stark completed and Greyjoy lit. You light houses in the same way as normal, with 3 shots/completions of a shot. You are unable to Pass in “Choose your Battle”, you must start a mode if you have one available. Not sure if there are any other differences!

I remember the “deep cuts” thread mentioning that if you induce a tilt, you can pass on the battle (without unlighting the center ramp)… I wonder if this works in casual mode as well. edit: I guess it wouldn’t if you only had 1 house qualified, because Casual Mode will totally skip the menu and auto-start the mode if there is only one available.

2 Likes

Interesting, are you able to start 2 houses at the same time? Also if you beat a house, are you awarded the houses attribute (add a ball…)?

You can start two houses at the same time–if you have 2 or more houses qualified, it takes you to the Choose Your Battle menu, it’s just missing the Pass option. You don’t gain the other houses’ attributes on completion, so no add-a-ball. The game acts as if you had chosen House Stark as your starting house.

2 Likes

You also start with a sword lit, unlike advanced mode

1 Like

That’s because you’re spotted one mode completion.

Also on advanced mode, if you pick Greyjoy as your house, you’ll get a sword right away as Greyjoy house is spotted for you as well.

Which is another reason to pick Greyjoy in comp. you immediately advance to the next multiplier level.

1 Like

It’s still worth trying for the sake of curiosity! Now I just have to find time to visit a GoT…