Game list for IFPA Pin-Masters and 2014-15 US National Pinball Championship

Yup yup!

I just wanted to try and find the answer to the question:

“How do you make the wait on the Tron line not feel so long?” :smile:

2 Likes

Replace MM and I500 with TSPP and LOTR and you could have the 4 horseman of the apocalypse :grin:

1 Like

How do you set up BDK for tournament play without making it play forever? The local TD (Harry Masaya) turned off Sandman, which didn’t seem to help much.

you could ThunderTILT™ the crane toy. Oh wait, we did that at a tourney here and ANM still put up several hundred million and it was out early on.

Lightning flippers and a tight tilt with no inlane rubber? The BDK at PAPA 14 was death! It was pretty amazing. 20 million was a solid score.

Since Nationals is Thursday, I’m not as worried about how late things end up going. (compared to say a Sunday when you run into people trying to catch flights home)

That’s not to say I’m interested in hosting one of these 5am finishing events, but I honestly think we’ll be okay with our standard IFPA-setup (outlanes posts up, legs jacked, tight tilt, no ball save).

The beauty with the IFPA Pin-Masters is that we don’t have to worry about games playing forever with the target scores. Players will simply be done once they hit that needed score level.

Ironically if it’s the same Batman that we used 5 years ago for the previous Pin-Masters, we didn’t have a chance to modify the game setup and it was this floaty pile of easyness, that ended up playing insanely difficult because nobody was used to “Batman on the Moon”.

Oof, this looks like one of those brutal lineups that will actually relax me more than stress me out. I only really know what I’m doing on a handful of these, so I’ll probably just play loose on the rest and it may end up helping me. You can’t fret over what you left on the table when you don’t know what you left on the table :slight_smile:

So while I understand wanting to double up on trips and such, was any consideration given to this being during March Madness, in Vegas? That significantly added to the cost of the trip, and I know at least two people who chose not to attend because of cost. I’m making a small vacation out of it so it’s not as much of an issue for me, but I feel bad for people who won their spot but just couldn’t afford to attend.

Re: building up Pin-Masters, are you suggesting that Nationals will be in Vegas for the foreseeable future, as a prep event for Pin-Masters? If so, please consider adjusting the dates so it doesn’t bump into March Madness.

Nationals and Pinmasters are always aligned with the AMOA Amusement Expo, so Josh doesn’t really have control over the dates.

Ah, I didn’t know there was that much tie-together with everything. I guess if I’m winning state championships and having this problem often, then it’s a good problem to have :).

The Amusement Expo dates do bounce around a bit. I’ve watched plenty of Selection Sunday shows from the airport in the past. It will unfortunately be at the mercy of those show dates from here on out.

Stayed tuned to www.amusementexpo.org and you’ll probably know future Nationals/Pin-Masters dates before I do.

1 Like

Aren’t you busy playing pinball or something?

1 Like

128 IFPA emails down to 84 and counting . . .

2 Likes

When will my tournament results post on ifpapinball.com? I’ve been waiting for days. DAYS!

a few years ago, I was in a group of 8 or so that rented a house somewhere around Vegas, I don’t remember where, off of airbnb for a few days. It worked for us, anyway.

There are still lots of deals for hotels, but you might need a car. We got The Plaza in downtown Vegas for five days for $200.

yeah we’re staying there too - the cool kids stay downtown :slight_smile: Off-strip is usually not so bad since all the folks who come to vegas to gamble on March Madness are more the Strip types

Well since it’s bracket season, here’s a mock bracket for Nationals coming up on Thursday. Player list is current as of last week according to Josh.

http://challonge.com/ifpanationals

Seeds are determined by rankings as of Dec 31, 2014. State winners’ rankings were posted back before the WPPR 5.0 rebuild, but I had to estimate on the runners up who are attending. They are marked with **.

If you’re one of the runners up attending and you know what your ranking was at the end of the year, you can edit the bracket accordingly.

Timothy Street is OUT for Alabama . . . just heard over the weekend.

I heard a rumor that @noahpdavis will be getting “food poisoning” the night before.