F-14 Tomcat - Pro Tips

Hey guys,

Farsight is now looking for some pro tips for F-14 Tomcat.

Feel free to email me or post to this thread if you want to share any tips, as well as whether you want to be credited for those tips on the game or prefer to be anonymous.

I’ve already submitted the “don’t let a ball dead bounce on F-14’s when the flippers are a little soft or you won’t become a World Pinball Champion”, so that tip is accounted for :wink:

Thanks,
Josh

3 Likes

When shooting the right orbit, hold the right flipper in to widen the size of the shot.

You should largely ignore the lower T-O-M C-A-T letters and focus on the ones up top. Also mastering the right VUK shot is key and learning multiple ways to make that shot too. On my F14 you could back hand ricochet off the center-right stand targets if you knew the right spot and could be pretty consistent. On my game it was right between the 4 and 5 targets.

Where do these tips end up?

I think there’s a version you can buy on the Pinball Arcade app that gets you additional ‘stuff’. One of the things included in the ‘stuff’ are “official IFPA Pro Tips” from various contributors (many from this forum that I’ll send over to Farsight).

1 Like

Thanks.

Mainly curious if my HS2 tips got used, but not willing to fork over for the Pro version to find out. :smile:

Don’t shoot Yagov unless extra balls are on.

Holding the right flipper up does not widen the size of the shot, as many people seem to think. You’ll have the same success rate with the flipper up or down. I still think it’s a good idea though. If you shoot early and the flipper is held up, it’s usually going to be a less dangerous return than bouncing it off the tip of the upper right flipper.

Hint hint: feel free to add these to pintips.net :slight_smile:

1 Like

Since TPA is making extra $$$ off of your (our) Pro tips, it would seem that the least they could do would be to provide a complimentary download of the Pro version of the table to anyone whose contributions/tips are used on their software.

1 Like

You want free software?! Now you DIE D D D D D DIE!

1 Like