East Coast Classics Championship (EC3) March 20th-21st

I’m proud and slightly terrified to announce the 2020 East Coast Classics Championship, a charity tournament event to benefit Path of Play.

When: March 20th and 21st

Where: Ashland, VA at the Center of the Universe Brewery 11293 Air Park Rd, Ashland, VA 23005

These are the plans but subject to adjustment:

Open qualifying on Friday the 20th from 4:00PM-9:00PM and Saturday from 9:00AM-5:00PM, finals starting at 5:30. One hour may be reserved for volunteer-only qualifying. Registration will be $30 which includes 20 entries. Additional entries will be $10 for 10 with unlimited buy-ins.

There will be a guaranteed $1000 purse split between our top four A-division finalists with 1st place awarded $500, 2nd place $250, 3rd place $150 and 4th place $100.

We need your support! Please come out and play in the event, loan a game, or volunteer to be a scorekeeper, staff the front desk, or help with prizes / donations. We have a large space and can handle a lot of games and have an amazing list of titles so far. I’m especially looking for more EMs but anything you can bring that is pre-DMD, is completely functional and reliable (as far 30+ year old pins go) is welcome. We have the space Thursday morning through Sunday evening for load in / load out.

List of potential games:

Viking
Seawitch
Flight 2K
Stars
Wild Fyre
Gorgar
Harlem Globetrotters
Dungeons & Dragons
Medusa
Surf Champ
Lectronamo
Trident
Black Knight 2k
8 Ball
Genie
Meteor
Stern Pinball
Hot Doggin
Cyclone

More to be added to the list as they are confirmed or offered up, will select from this list, currently hoping to have about 14-20 games to use for qualifying. We will probably have some side events on modern pins also available to play at the brewery.

About the venue:

We will be in the events room at the Center of the Universe Brewery in Ashland, VA, between Richmond and Fredericksburg just off of I95. The “Freakin Rican” will be on-site and provide food during the bewery’s normal business hours of 4-9 on Friday and 12PM-9PM Saturday. There are many other delivery and pickup options in the area. Hotels are available nearby starting at around $60.

I’ve been working on this for a while and still need to get an event page together but wanted to get a save-the-date started up as March won’t stop getting closer. I hope you can make it and we can raise some money for an awesome cause!

9 Likes

Facebook event link: https://www.facebook.com/events/2590622164594662/permalink/2590665011257044/

Robert Peters has rooms available at his Pinball AirBnB for those traveling

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/36644728?location=Richmond%2C VA%2C United States&check_in=2020-03-20&check_out=2020-03-21&source_impression_id=p3_1580755707_iuy2VMSVXPzlM%2BBx

BIG NEWS!

Our event is currently pending IFPA approval for you WPPR hunters. Our pricing has been set at $30 registration which includes 20 plays with addtional plays being available for purchase at 10 for $10, unlimited. Our cash purse will be guaranteed at $1000 split among our top four A division winners at $500 for 1st place, $250 for 2nd, $150 for 3rd and $100 for 4th.

Big money for our competitors, and hopefully bigger money for our charity, Path of Play.