DO OR DIE: A competitive pinball podcast!

When is episode 2? :grinning:

1 Like

I envision grandpa Shivers (retired host of C2C :rofl: ) nodding with approval in his rocking chair.

1 Like

Thanks, Raymond. I will be subscribing. Can you be sensitive about Spoiler Alerts? Maybe put the timecodes to skip in the notes? I like to watch youtube tournament videos after the event without knowing the outcome, as if I were watching it live.

2 Likes

I think the podcast description is your spoiler alert. Might be good to just watch the video first. I don’t watch SportsCenter when I have an NBA game recorded.

7 Likes

Cool, will subscribe. And I am also reminded how many times I’ve failed to get Do or Die on IM to date. Sigh.

1 Like

From Raymond’s description I thought it was more than just pinball events but if that is not the case then I take your point.

1 Like

I added your RSS feed to Player FM for android devices so if anyone is using that you should just be able to search by name now.

2 Likes

Next episode is up! Grab it at the podcast home page! (WIP) Or, click here, or, refresh your podcatcher!

You can also now send us mail at doordiepinballpodcast@gmail.com! Woohoo!
Episode outline:

• SPL tournament
    – Frankenstein
    – 24
    – Transformers
    – Munsters
    – Meteor
    – High Speed

• PAPA Void

• Upcoming

• Random Rules Minutia featuring Walking Dead

8 Likes

Thanks for the podcast. Any luck with getting the podcast added to Apple podcasts?

1 Like

Nope, they rejected me five days after I submitted due to posting “test content” … whatever that means. I resubmitted so hopefully they will approve this time but damn they are slow

1 Like

Did you change anything in recording episode 2? There seemed to be more compression artifacts on the audio, but I can’t really tell because I am listening at 1.5x. It was still acceptable, but not perfectly clear. Maybe it is just me because my sinuses are infected and everything is weird.

1 Like

I don’t think so? Recorded it the same way, but I do think I plan on investing in a good microphone for future episodes. Right now it’s just the laptop’s built-in mic, so I could see how on double speed it could not be as clear.

1 Like

Holy crap! Apple approved the podcast just now!

Woot!

9 Likes

Yay!

1 Like

Congrats!

New episode is up! Refresh yo’ feed or find it directly here!

Episode outline:

• 420 tournament
    – Tournament format
    – Round by round with games such as Iron Maiden, Addams Family, Nitro Groundshaker, Guardians of the Galaxy and more!
3 Likes

I like the event recap format and especially hearing why you made certain in game decisions and when. I don’t really listen to a lot of pinball podcasts, but this was enjoyable from start to finish.

3 Likes

I guess our AFM game wasn’t quite as dramatic as the GoTG :smiley:

But he left out the part of who got the WOZ. :slight_smile:

This was in my opinion the best episode so far. It is most interesting to get those little glimpses of the thought processes of a top player. Getting into that good mindset on demand as Raymond mentioned is something you can practice, I don’t know if anyone can do it 100% of the time though.

And regarding TAF does the Thing ramp really light your modes? I always thought it was the big ramps only.