Deep cuts of semi-useful pinball knowledge

The box dumps the 5 balls. The thing is jackpot values are lower than the 6-ball ones if you start multiball off locks 3, 4, or 5.

1 Like

Playing Lord of the Rings today I discovered a neat little Easter eggā€¦ If you collect the Big Points elf gift with 2x scoring running, you get 4 million points and an epic quote ā€œThe prize is doubled!ā€ said exactly the same way as in Indiana Jones when you light a 2x jackpot!

21 Likes

You found it! Nice job!

13 Likes

And Big Points is on the opposite side of the wheel from 2x, three spaces away. Congrats on pulling that off and I see why Iā€™ve never done it! Did you hit the white target in the Shire more than once, or have several Gifts of the Elves stacked and collect them one after the other while 2x was running?

1 Like

Happened totally by accident. In fact because I always cancel the animation of collecting a gift I almost didnā€™t even notice the line, but once I heard it I paused and pondered and was likeā€¦ whoa

1 Like

Ha, crazy. I got it today, also by accident. When I started 2x, the next two Gifts were already collected. So the very next gift was Big Points. I heard the call out. Pretty cool to hear something Iā€™ve never heard on a game Iā€™ve owned for over 10 years!

3 Likes

I thought 2X Big Points is worth 10M, not 4M. 4M would be more like medium points at best to me. I do remember getting 2X Big points years ago and hearing that quote, but I remember getting 10M as the point award.

Oh maybe I was confusing it with the 2 million tower award.

Specials are worth 7.5 mil which can be doubled and (I think) quadrupled!

Yup, Specials can be quadrupled to 30M (collecting the Special with 2X scoring running and Golum at 2X).

2 Likes

Now THATā€™s BIG POINTS!

Has anybody gotten both the 20M from Big points (4X Big Points) and 30M from the Special in the same game? Iā€™d imagine thatā€™s tough to pull off because both would have to be collected while 2X Scoring is running AND collecting each award when Golum is at 2X. Iā€™ve never done that nor have I seen anybody get that.

Can you collect gifts with Gollum running?

If Golum is the only multiball running, then yes you can collect Gifts while Golum is running. If I recall correctly, Gifts canā€™t be collected while Golum and another multiball are running at the same time. In one game a while back, I had 2X Scoring as the next Gift to be collected (it was lit) and I started Golum MB. Two Towers was lit so I tried to start 2X Scoring before TTT, but I started TTT first. I then shot a ball around the left orbit to try to start 2X scoring but I donā€™t remember the game awarding me the Gift. To add insult to injury, I wound up unintentionally changing the Gift award away from 2X Scoring during the stacked MB so that when the MB was over, I had a different Gift lit. :frowning_face: Big scoring opportunity missed!

1 Like

so I ran in to this when I was about to do the coveted ā€œfirst DTR valinorā€ā€¦ I needed to play there and back again but of course had DTR lit. I gathered the necessary elf rings, then the man rings to light Gollum. Lighting Gollum also started ring frenzy, which I was like ā€œokay fineā€¦ Iā€™ll just Time it outā€. When I timed it out during golum I suddenly only had 2 elf rings and I couldnā€™t start there and back againā€¦ Because I still had mystery lit I was now in the same position: lighting mode and lighting golum would start ring frenzy. I guess the moral is always collect your mystery?

Damn! Nice!

Would have been if it happened :frowning:

Even first time each SJP on all three multiballs is IMPRESSIVE

I think that there and back again is 1 ball play only

IIRC, you can start TABA when Gollum is running? Itā€™s the only way to avoid starting DTR (once itā€™s qualified) and start a mode/TABA instead.

Yeah Iā€™ve definitely done it before, the points opportunity is massive. But thereā€™s definitely some quirk to it