Deep cuts of semi-useful pinball knowledge

Just realized how counter productive that would be

6 Likes

Waaaaaaaat? Gotta check this out when im at our club in some days :rofl: thats critical if working towards extra ball in tournaments.

2 Likes

IF EB is set to unlimited then maybe can hit max score

Just to follow up my own tip here, I didnt seem to be able to do this on a location premieum, but not sure if its my mummy-captiv ball which is too sensitive, or if the one at location was too little sensitive.

I broke the glass on my AC/DC so I’ve been doing some messing around and I discovered what I consider to be a Deep Cut of Completely-Useless Pinball Knowledge:

In super lanes, the flashing lane awards 2x your next shot. But if you can some how manage to go through the blinking 2x inlane, and then complete all 4 inlanes again (without hitting a shot) it’ll relight the blinking inlane for a 3x shot. And it appears there is no cap to this. I “shot” a 15x shot.

Even if you a Lord Shatz himself, I don’t see how this can be used to your advantage. There aren’t too many single ball shots worth multiplying. Now, if it were possible to do multiball shatz juggle like some kind of wizard, you could really jack up that song bonus.

13 Likes

I was under the assumption that Lord Shatz was a wizard.

1 Like

Lies, no TWD has a head that registers 5 times in the time period allowed.

5 Likes

you know those failed cradle separations where one ball is backhanded straight to the outlane? just aim for the inlane!

1 Like

If you have one ball caught and another ball behind it up the inlane, you can possibly backflip that ball up the inlane over and over again. I know I’ve done this to light cannon jackpots in multiball. No reason this couldn’t be extended to your super lane find.

5 Likes

You can also do this to collect your Hand of Fate in House of Horrors, or collect your Super Jackpot using the Magna-Save in Black Knight SOR.

2 Likes

do need an Magna-Save to do that? and does it burn one?

1 Like

Yes and yes.

1 Like

On F14 Tomcat you can flip the flippers before plunging to change which diverter it goes to. Specifically I think hitting the right flipper 3 times will divert to the right kicker instead of the default left

6 Likes

I thought the default was to feed the side with less targets completed? Or do you mean it overrides that? Or just when the numbers are equal?

2 Likes

In The X-Files, you have to choose an agent at the start of the game, but they don’t tell you what the purpose of it is. After over 20 years I figured it out.

Muller makes it easier to get the main multiball by requiring less hits to the filing cabinet. Scully makes it easier to get Truth Multiball by always have 2 Xs lit at a time (3 if the ball goes down a return lane).

5 Likes

1st Truth Multiball only and then it goes down to 1 + 1 ball goes down a return lane and then to 1 at time no return lane.

Default difficulty

2 Likes

Although location pinball is not happening right now, there are some spots you can use multiplayer games on location to get GCs. Cayle’s post about using them to help maximize JM scores this way reminded me of this.

Basically, you use multiplayer games to set yourself up for big scores. Earlier player balls you play yourself set up the final player (still you) with great opportunities. It’ll cost you a few extra bucks, but it’s worth it! And is it ethical? You paid for the games, so it’s fine; both you and the operators win! You can do this at home too to maximize your personal bests. Some examples are:

Setting up stealable locks with players 1, 2 and/or 3, like on TNA (lock two balls for the last player for every ball), Wonka (Wonkavator locks), and a good number of solid state games.

Increasing the number of balls you’ll get in a multiball, especially on Aerosmith; put five balls in the toy box. GOTG Groot locks too (for one more ball).

Setting up progressive awards, like on BK2K (RANSOM letters) and Time Machine (STARWARP letters).

Building up progressive jackpots like on Taxi, Cyclone, Police Force, and Bad Cats. Have at it if you can find a 24 with old nuke code too! Doing this may take you a lot of games to get the max jackpot values sometimes.

Super deep cut that I like a lot:
Get a 3-ball quick multiball on WW by locking 2 balls and then starting quick multiball with the final player.

There are likely many other similar exploits like this. Be creative and you’ll find them and be GC!

8 Likes

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiinety…Million.

5 Likes

On Monster Bash, activating the flipper code for Lyman’s Lament as the fourth player activates the proper mode, meaning every switch adds to the bonus, which normally doesn’t happen if you activate it through the flipper code.

2 Likes

Not in an multi player game unless something is broken

2 Likes