Deep cuts of semi-useful pinball knowledge

Added, thank you!

Correct. And for clarity, Iā€™m pretty sure you canā€™t shoot one of each ramp for your two ramps in a row. In other words, you canā€™t combo L ramp into R ramp to light the dead-end for 2x scoring, correct?

This is correct. Either left ramp twice or right ramp twice. No combos here.

ā€œThis is correct. Either left ramp twice or right ramp twice. No combos here.ā€

Someone able to confirm this?
I sold my mousin, but, iirc, you can do this.

Yes, it can be any combo of two ramps (edit: left or right, not center!)

2 Likes

On South Park, before you plunge the ball, you can use the flippers to change the target thatā€™s lit for the skill shot before making it.

Raise your hand if you never knew you could do this, I discovered it on accident. :stuck_out_tongue:

Not sure if it works in competition mode but if you just scroll through all the screens in the status for Wonka it awards you anywhere from 100 to 10000 points.

8 Likes

Apparently in Munsters if you trap up during a mode and try to time it out, the timer stops after like 6 seconds. Apparently if you cycle through the whole instant info screens, when back to the main screen, the mode timer will run again for another 6 seconds. I havenā€™t had time to test this myself.

9 Likes

Ah, is that one of the gumball achievements?

Not sure

I used this to help me win a game on Diner at INDISC, and when I watched the stream archive of the game, the commentators didnā€™t know this deep cut of the very useful knowledge: completing EAT top lanes lights each of your ramps to serve Food (each ramp then spots one complete drop target bank ā€“ to help you on your way to Dine Time).

6 Likes

See, to me thatā€™s kind of amusing since anyone should notice FOOD lights upon EAT completions within a few games. Guess I assume anyone with any time on Diner knows this. Iā€™d consider looping the left ramp to add Dine Time millions to be deeper, heh. Maybe even the (up-to-1.5M) Grill Bonus for completing drops?

Deepest cut on Diner is probably the 1M drops complete bonus during Dine Time lit, but I canā€™t ever think of a reason why you should be going for this over shooting for Dine Time. Cool sound, though.

Yes it does, anyone can do this.

Yes, it is. Possible to get a Golden Ticket from it as well. Your best bet, though, is to wait until you have a playfield x going before collecting your status report gumball.

5 Likes

Rollergames has a similar feature where you can complete SKATE and WAR during Sudden Death for 1 Million.

When you could simply go for the Wall for 1 Million, thoughā€¦ whatā€™s the point?

1 Like

Pretty sure SKATE WAR is 2M, AND ends the mode. But since you can get the mode-ending 2M bonus for like 6 ramps as well, yeah whatā€™s the point.

I think a case can be made for SKATE WAR when you have a target or two left, though.

2 Likes

Huge (to me) if true! I must remember to test this next week at league. Dang I wish this was posted 12h earlier haha

1 Like

Always put 1.0 in your AFMs (the Total Annihilation value caps at 500M) and go for those billion-shots: 500M TA + 500M victory laps. :+1:

Thereā€™s one of those rare 1.0 AFMs around in Stockholm. Itā€™s not in great shape (Iā€™m happy with 15B on that machine), but I will give the 1B-shots a go, soon. :pray:

In Rescue 911, the Emergency Room 20 million award absolutely lies and gives 10/15 million instead. When you hit the shot enough times, you get bored enough to look at the finer details of life :slight_smile:

1 Like

What ROM V2?

Willy Wonka:

The four Computer Ticket modes (ā€œDots, Dots, Dotsā€, ā€œThe Candy Manā€, ā€œUnlimited Kickbackā€, ā€œWonka Bar Crazeā€) are unlike any other modes in the game because they share the same timer AND the base values for each shot made increase if more modes are active (in addition to the base value being incremented by other game features). Starting another Computer Ticket mode while one is already active will reset the timer to its maximum, and collecting ā€œAdd Timeā€ will add time to the timer for the stacked modes.

The music / SFX for these modes also become more hectic depending on how many modes are currently running. Ideally you want to get all four of the modes, and then bring them into any Multiball for big points.

Speaking of Computer Awards, Iā€™d love to have a list of which achievements are required for certain awardsā€¦

In JJPOTC, after playing the first regular difficulty At Worldā€™s End Multiball, you must shoot each shot twice to re-light the Multiball. If a shot is hit once, it will light up in red but will be faint compared to a complete shot.

Balls plunged that trigger the right orbit switch also spot the orbit for modes, Stranger Tides combo shots, At Worldā€™s End progression, etc.

@keefer, another thing - it seems that the left loop (the one that qualifies Black Pearl modes) also spots the right loop. Is this the game playing ā€œas intendedā€ or is it a switch error I should get our tech on?