Deadpool Rulesheet

I’ve never managed to, I’m running the latest code on a pro machine. Bug or are we missing something? :thinking:

Pretty sure that is a bug. I have seen it mentioned elsewhere too.

This is a late update, but this bug was fixed in version 1.06 of the code that came out in November 2021.

1 Like

Hi, does somebody know what feature adjustment #20 and #29 do exactly and how they interact with each other?

#20 max weapons banked per combo
#29 weapon collect 2x when combo

#20 is the maximum number of weapons that can be collected by shooting the scoop after making combo shots, #29 means combos add 2 weapons to the cash out at the scoop. If #29 is disabled then lit weapon shots only add 1 weapon regardless of whether they’re made as combos.

Personally, I’d love to have a concrete answer about how to light and what adds to the value of the Colossal Jackpot. I love this game and never quite understood how that worked.

1 Like

I found time to test it today and it seems that #20 increases the amount of weapons you bank with each shot the longer your combo goes (= third shot 2 weapons, fourth shot 3 … max 5 weapons each shot). If you enable #29, you will get all the weapons of your recent combo twice, as long as you end your combo in the scoop. Makes for an interesting combo system if you ask me. I enabled #29 and set #20 at max 2 weapons each shot with a combo timer of 1 second in order to make combos intense but not overpowered.

I also found that #17 colossal jackpot difficulty is problematic: setting it to easy actually makes it hard (6 shots to qualify) and hard makes it easy (2 shots to qualify). Sorry if you knew this already!

The last discovery I made was that #30 start lil deadpool difficulty must not be set to hard because it seems that you can only play the first mode and the second can never be qualified - it always says you have to complete a battle or quest to advance but then never triggers… or probably I am missing something?!

Love the game by the way! (Clone Multiball is lame though…)

BUG OR FEATURE?

Had something I’ve not seen before happen last night during a tournament game when I hit the scoop. Here’s context, and then I’ll type what happened:

• Third battle lit (Mystique)
  • 45+ weapons collected, Mechsuit not yet played
  • All four team-ups qualified
  • Big Boom lit
  • Ball 3

I held down the action button to pass on the Mystique battle, thinking I’d rather take one more scoop shot to start Mechsuit rather than take my chances winning the battle to light Sauron. What happened is I received about 85 million points, beating Mystique.

I couldn’t find anything in the Wiki about this, so thought I’d ask here!

1 Like

This is hilarious. Sorry I have nothing to offer. Except get a few snikt shots before this next time. Haha.

1 Like

Maybe the Boom button was acting flaky and misinterpreted your hold as a press?

Is it proper to auto complete the mode had they pressed instead of held?

I’m gonna try and replicate the issue when I’ve got some time on a different machine. Stay tuned!

1 Like

Can anyone explain how I got the katanarama champion at around 600 million?
I did activate it just before starting my ninja MB, but I only had one Snikt during that MB. Is it possible to extend the timer somehow or what happened?

I did some testing with the glass off for the Colossal Jackpot value. It’s definitely not a percentage of score as the rulesheet here says.

It’s based on switch hits since the last time you collected it. Collect it once, then light and collect it again, and it can award a very small value (less than 100,000.) It may even award nothing at all and you don’t even get the announcement screen, if you hit no relevant switches between collects.

The only switches that contribute are the spinners (20k), pop bumpers (40k), and DEAD-POOL targets (80k). Slingshots, inlanes, OOF drop targets, BAM rollovers, ramps, orbits, and game features (weapons, ninjas, chimichangas, battle hits) all don’t add anything. In addition, any hit to a scoring switch after the jackpot is already lit adds 12.5% more of that switch’s value. The value persists across a drain.

If it’s collected by a shot that hits the u-turn and then immediately (under a second) hits the target, double the final value. (So it’s worth half as much if collected accidentally without shooting the u-turn.)

So if you want a high value, just go a long time between collects with lots of activity on the spinners and bumpers and standups, and make sure to collect the doubled value with a hard shot, and with a high playfield X.

4 Likes

You’re very close but some details slightly off…

Jackpot starts each ball at 0, and when you collect one.

Spinners (dazzler and wolverine), pops, DEADPOOL targets build value

4 shots to the u turn light colossal jackpot (also resets at ball start). Hitting the target to collect the jackpot as a combo from the u turn scores double the jackpot vs just randomly hitting the target.

Each time you shoot the u turn, whether the jackpot is lit or not, one of the 4 features (dazzler spinner, wolverine spinner, pops, or targets) will randomly be chosen to be boosted by its boost value:

Dazzler and Wolverine spinners: 20k base, 2.5k boost

Pop bumpers: 40k base, 5k boost

Deadpool targets: 80k base, 10k boost.

This boost values reset at start of ball.

Colossus Jackpot maxes at 50 million (pre-multiplier), so 100 mil if doubled, 500 mil if 5x playfield).

Technically the way it works is all these points are scored immediately, and the points resulting go into the jackpot, meaning playfield multipliers will boost the jackpot faster.

Another fun wrinkle is if you change the adjustment from MEDIUM to HARD, it changes the shots needed to light jackpot from 4 DOWN to 2. And EASY setting changes it to 6 shots. The logic being it’s easier to build a jackpot higher if it takes more shots to light it since you’re getting more things boosted without risk to accidentally collecting.

9 Likes

Wow. Code Snopes deep cut!

Damn, that boost was driving me crazy for testing. I kept having the values slightly off and couldn’t figure out why, just assumed I was miscounting switch hits.

And so the final value is subject to compounding multipliers - 5x is really 25x since both the banked values and collected value get multiplied. That’s how you get to the hundreds of millions with it.

Not 250m if 5x playfield?

Sorry that wasn’t written as clearly as it could have… Hitting the target to collect the jackpot as a combo from the u turn scores double the jackpot vs just randomly hitting the target, so the 50 mil cap is before that doubling and before playfield x-ing

1 Like

500m collect needs to be an achievement

The limit is higher than that, somehow. The high on my scoreboard is 511m, and awesome1 on pinside reported (and screenshotted) in the 800m range. I believe I had playfield 4x running at the time of mine.

That said, I did collect exactly 100m yesterday, with (permanent) 2x playfield but not a combo through shot, so that part is accurate at least.

2 Likes