Consistent bug as major malfunction?

I just found another bug in NBAFB, latest version 3.1.

If you tilt during Around the world MB or Shoot around MB, you don’t get credit for having played that MB, and it’s also impossible to restart it.

All the lights are still lit (1,2,3,4 or S,H,O,O,T) so you can’t make the completing shot again. This means it’s impossible to reach Trophy MB and then replay the backplane game etc. The bug is consistent.

If this happens in competitive play, what happens? Can a bug ever be considered a major malfunction?

Unless it causes loss of ball or game, I don’t think so.

Similar bug is tilting in sopranos and your rank going all the way back to associate. I don’t think there is any compensation for that either.

It’s to balance out the fact that there’s no bonus!

2 Likes

I’m not sure, but I think this bug sometimes happens even without a tilt. I’ve seen it a couple times on my own game and run into it against @cayle at the ECS Finals some years ago and don’t remember a tilt. I played some more around the world mb and got from about 60 to 220 on my last ball - but it wasn’t enough for the win.

In some cases Shoot around MB can be started during Around the world MB, which results in strange behavior. Clearly a bug that too. Perhaps this is what happened to you?

Instantly made me think of our match as well. Lots of good games between us over the years :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The IFPA has rules for Beneficial Malfunctions covering a significant advantage but is not worded to cover when an player is at an significant disadvantage.

And there is past cases of players getting jobbed out of stuff. With things like games that start the ball with multi ball not getting that and they don’t get compensation.

I think the rules need to be updated to add significant disadvantage.

FSPA language for this sort of thing:

The SLO can declare a machine unplayable at any time if it is not functioning properly and the resulting malfunction(s) will, in his estimation, impair the ability of players to obtain fair scores.