Colorado in March: WPPRtunity & Womens & Pinmasters & Nationals

There’s been discussion about us going back to the original format . . . you get 10 balls to reach the Target Score. Don’t reach it after ball 5, restart a new game carrying the points earned so far into the new game (6th ball).

2 Likes

wouldnt that be much longer though? If a third of the people play more than 5 balls per game?

We did that AND 18 holes PER DAY :wink:

Average round time … 10 hours

I’d like to thank Snow Galvin and the entire Colorado Pinball Collective for putting on an amazing stream. The coverage was great! Loved the updates, the scroll, lots of information, a variety of announcers, the venue and more. Moving to significant games during the Women’s Worlds and NACS was a brilliant choice, as opposed to following a player/group.

Well done CPC!

17 Likes

Just make Deadpool’s tilt tighter.

1 Like

Hear hear! That was some SERIOUS streaming endurance! @snowgalvin, Paul, and crew.
Ticker FTW!
Tongs up!

4 Likes

Absolutely, everyone involved did an amazing job! I was exhausted after just playing in the tourneys and watching the stream, I have no idea how they all did it. But I sure am glad they did!

API integration with Challonge. And it’s open source. Written by Paul of the Colorado Pinball Collective.

Anytime a match result was reported, this “Score Update” would happen. (First image: “Score Update”, second image: Pearson vs Sych is now 2-3).

Below was rotating content. The left went through each player, showing their current state (first image: Adam Becker from ON had a first round bye, second image: Luke Nahorniak from MN won 4-1 in the first round and was waiting on his next match). The right rotated through all current matches, showing the current scores (first image: round 1 match with Street down 2-3 against Shlatz, round 1 match of Plaisted up 3-1 against Garza; second image: round 2 match of Urban up 3-0 on Hockemeyer, and round 2Stone vs Baird just beginning)

2 Likes

Do you have a link to the repository? Would be fun to have a look at how it works.

Not sure if Paul has an account here. Paging Paul via @snowgalvin! :slight_smile:

It was better than BM66 as I found out in the finals lol…

1 Like

All are welcome to use: https://github.com/soapblox/pinMarquee

5 Likes

Stream was great!

1 Like

Wow, Pinmasters coming in at 81.71 points!

That gives it the distinction of being the highest value tournament in history that’s not a Major or connected to one (PAPA Classics, Intergalactic, etc).

3 Likes

Not entirely true since Nationals has a 25% minor major bump?

Entirely true because it’s not a Major :slight_smile: