Colorado in March: WPPRtunity & Womens & Pinmasters & Nationals

Just to clarify for the Blizzard Mountain Pinball Flipper Frenzy on Sunday, if you have to cancel your reservation the lunch (if you elected to buy one) will be refunded too. :slight_smile: Almost 2/3rds of the spots have been filled!

As a reminder, here’s the link for more information and to sign up: https://www.blizzardpinball.com/flipperfrenzy.html

Thanks,
Kevin

3 Likes

In!

2 Likes

just signed up - this should be fun

2 Likes

Finally Zen returns to the 'Rado! Gonna be a blast. Thanks to everyone for organizing all these tourneys!

2 Likes

YESSSSS

1 Like

So the bigger question I have is…

Where are the seriously good places to eat that I have to have before leaving? =)

3 Likes

Hello! If you’ve signed up for the Blizzard Masters Flipper Frenzy here on Sunday, I have set up the Matchplay.Events page:

Please take a moment to make sure your name/IFPA information in here is correct, as it will be much easier for me to correct any mistakes now rather than Sunday morning. :slight_smile: There are a few people who signed up multiple people but didn’t include the additional names (if you signed up multiple people but only see yourself, please let me know who else will be attending).

This will also list the games that are planned to be used for the tournament.

We have a handful of entries left. If you still want in, sign up soon!

Thanks,
Kevin

1 Like

The Wednesday night event has one spot left. Someone grab it! It’s a very strong field…with lots of opportunities to play against the best! :slight_smile:

If you got a ticket and can’t make it, post here or email so we know there will be extra spots.

Was there ever a confirmation whether or not minors would be allowed to play in the Wednesday night event? The website says minors only allowed until 3pm. If we can’t play, any suggestions on where a minor can get in some flips on Wednesday night? We’re staying near Union Station.

Just checked for you. Minors will be allowed to play.

3 Likes

Just got another text from Donavan saying, “Oh!
Minors must be accompanied by parents, and are supposed to leave once both are eliminated.” Though I do know that part about leaving is not a hard and fast rule and no one will tattle on you. So if you come you should hang out. :slight_smile:

This is reasonable, and I appreciate them letting minors play. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

1 Like

I sense an elaborate plan to DQ Escher by luring Adam out of the building at just the right time :slight_smile:

6 Likes

There is a monthly at Press Play in Boulder on Wednesday night at 7:30pm. It’s a good option for anyone who can’t get to 1up Greenwood in time or for anyone who might be north of Denver that evening. $5 entry…usually 12-16 players. Probably will be a strokes tournament with two or four player matches. Usually you’ll be guaranteed 3-4 games before eliminations begin.

13 games in a barcade venue with a lot of modern Sterns plus AFM, TAF, Funhouse, Seawitch, and the elusive Alien Star.

2 Likes

For those interested in the broadcast - all 3 tournaments at Game Exchange will be covered and you can watch on our Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/coloradopinball

8 Likes

Is there any kind of wait list for Thursday in case people cancel?

2 Likes

Working on this. Will report back. Consider yourself on the list, if there is one. :slight_smile:

Thursday at 1up Colfax is going to be a first come, first served, in person waitlist. People will get added to the tourney from that right at 6pm if there are spots.

We are 6 hours into the stream of the North American and Women’s World Championship. Will be live until it’s all over. (And Friday/Saturday/Sunday for Pinmasters)

https://twitch.tv/coloradopinball

2 Likes

There’s been discussion over the years about the impact of capped vs. uncapped Pingolf scoring. For the players who played all 18 holes at Pinmasters, I crunched the numbers if the scores were capped at 6. The only changes of consequence are: Zach McCarthy and Derek Thomson would have both gotten in without a tiebreaker; Robert Gagno would also be in; out would be Zoe; and the tiebreaker would instead have been Louise vs. Nick. As for the bye tiebreaker, neither Luke nor Steve would have been involved, it would have been a 3-way with Eric, Cayle and Travis. The first 7 positions (and byes) would have been the same.

2 Likes