Cactus Jack's Silverball Showdown 2017

and you would still assume some king of lag, even if small, which could make commentating awkward :slight_smile: Just fly Levi to all your broadcast :wink:

1 Like

Is that the guy that was drunk on the Pin-Masters stream? It was kind of entertaining for 20 minutes but that’s really not going to help us bring pinball to the masses.

Listening to it I don’t think he was drunk and I don’t recall him saying much of anything offensive. I thought he helped the broadcast with the energy he brought to it!

1 Like

Stream will be up in a few minutes!

https://www.twitch.tv/batcitypinballclub

6 Likes

was a little stormy last night - some shots of our place in OKC and from yesterday’s round uploaded too.

6 Likes

No power at CJs… Tournament start delayed for today.

Yesterday bracket:

Today A division:

B Division:

awesome photos, gene! I love how you captured the everyone huddled around in the dark! what a wild weekend…

1 Like

Is the playoff bracket available somewhere?

A finals: https://matchplay.events/live/jxrv/matches
B finals: https://matchplay.events/live/yn5n/matches

The Silverball Showdown is in the books!

Your 2017 Champion is Trent Augenstein!

2nd Garrett Hays
3rd Colin MacAlpine
4th Art Dodd

Fantastic play and thank you for providing such a riveting final for us to witness!

Huge thanks to all the competitors who patiently and graciously endured a ridiculous Oklahoma storm, power outage, delays, game misbehaviors, and numerous TD blunders. Again, it is you that remind me, at the end of the day, why in the hell I would do this to myself;)

Special thanks to @GarrettHays for his tireless work is setting up and maintaining the elaborate streaming rig, and still managing to play like a total champ! Your efforts truly took our tournament to the next level. Thanks to everyone who stepped up to the mike to provide commentary when you could have been practicing. In particular, thanks to @ZED for delivering his eloquent finals commentary with his typical grace despite getting totally housed by Snow Derby only moments before.

Most of all, thanks to Dan for providing this amazing facility, and to Carolyn, Marcus, Robert, and many others without whom This tournament would not have been possible.

See you in 2018!

8 Likes

I just viewed the photos taken by @genex. Amazing! Thanks Gene!

Oh, and thanks also for the help with keeping the scoring software current for the semifinals and finals matches.

Another fantastic match play event held by @alveolus at Cactus Jacks. Running a 64-player match play event is hard! And he does an incredible job. Great time hanging out with friends and making new friends at one of THE best public arcades in the country. If you enjoy Pinburgh – particularly if you enjoyed Pinburgh when it was smaller, with more hanging out at the venue and the parking lot in between rounds – then you should plan on attending this event in the future.

Dan Jacks (owner of Cactus Jacks) is a huge ambassador for pinball by operating so many top tier pins at CJ and through his techs and other local volunteers, keeping them in immaculate condition. The CJ staff is also courteous and attentive.

Thanks to @GarrettHays for not only designing, buying, setting up, and running the stream, but when his car broke down days before the event, he rented a car to make sure he could make it to the event to stream it. His playing skill & pinball karma then deservedly hooked him up with a 2nd place finish.

Also thanks to those that brought their classic pins from their collections to supplement CJ’s collection to round out the EM and early SS element of the format. I know that both Robert Hoggard, Marcus Trevino, and Louis Marx all contributed.

There’s no reason this event shouldn’t be at full capacity of 72 players with a long wait list next year.
Hopefully will see everyone at OKC next year!

4 Likes

Thanks Shawn - I want to thank Fred Richardson for asking me to do some final round commentary when my head space post Snow Derby was less than optimal, as well as Chris Basler for nudging me towards doing it. And Garrett for setting up the stream, especially right before his one game first place playoff with Trent.

I’ll say again what I said on the stream - this is a great event, has been for at least three years. 32 four player games of match play guaranteed over two days, good machine quality and mix, good people. If you get locked out of Pinburgh registration because it’s full and want something similar, this should be on your list.

Part of me almost doesn’t want to brag about the event because it has a player count max, but it truly is terrific.

2 Likes

I’m planning an April trip to OKC, is there a date for 2018 registration?

And for basketball fans the last Thunder regular season home game is April 11th.

2 Likes

@alveolus I think you posted the date recently somewhere else, correct? I didn’t write it down. :frowning:

1 Like

April 13th-15th: 2018 Stern Pro Circuit is set

2 Likes

Hey @alveolus will we need to register for this similar to last year? If so, any idea when we can start registering? Thanks!

1 Like

Efforting with the powers that be.

Once I have a working registration link, I will make an official announcement.

@PAPA_Doug; @mhs, contact me, please.

Shawn

1 Like