Black Knight: Sword of Rage Rulesheet

no, I mean I am pretty sure it’s working as designed (on my machine at least). The shield is supposed to come down after ten seconds of cradling. Here’s a video of the behavior. Each time the shield stays up for exactly ten seconds, then drops. It goes right back up as soon as i flip.

I don’t believe that is operating correctly. The shield has two different voltages of power. One higher voltage to kick the shield or raise it initially, and then a steady lower voltage to hold the shield up and keep it up after it was raised. Once the shield is up, it should not lower until the shot/code dictates dictates

i disagree. i think the video is clearly showing deliberate programmed behavior. if it was some kind of power issue, it’d be intermittent, not at exactly ten seconds each time.

I tested mine and yes while holding the flipper the shield does drop. I guess it’s some protection or some logic reason. My case is different though. The shield should definitely never drop during normal play (not counting cradling and holding the flipper for a long time) when monster mode or lock is lit. It’s an issue related to overcurrent or shorting.

Currently have my upper GIs disconnected and the issue doesn’t occur.

Okay, so usually when I drain out of Black Castle mode and still have balls remaining, all the modes need to be completed in order to get back into it. At least a few times, when my next ball starts, mode progress isn’t reset, and Black Castle is the next available mode. At first, I thought maybe doing well enough in the mode would give you another chance to get to rage, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. Anyone know why, or have any guesses?

Similarly with Catapult MB, I’ve had the next target hit afterward light all three locks for the second MB, but I’ve found no correlation to value or collecting a KNIGHT letter.

http://www.twitch.tv/iepinball/v/512839253?sr=a&t=3187s

Does anyone have repro steps for this “known bug.” I do not have a pro at home so I am not sure if it is on the pro only.

By the way, the best way to report a bug to Stern is by sending an email to bug.report@sternpinball.com

I’ve seen this happen on a variety of modern Sterns, including GOT Pro, Deadpool Pro, and BK Pro, so it might be something in the underlying code across all games. Possibly it’s been fixed in certain updates for certain games. Not sure of any exact repro steps, just that outlane ball save sometimes doesn’t work if you danger while draining. I’ve sent it into the bug report e-mail in the past. Here it is on Deadpool:

https://clips.twitch.tv/CourteousAgreeableCheesecakePJSalt

1 Like

Thanks. Looks like it was also on the last ball in play in a multiplayer game. I’ll talk to Tanio tomorrow and see if he’s looked into it

1 Like

Do you recall the date when that clip was taken?

Sep 8, 2018. That might have been fixed in one of the DP updates after I submitted it.

ok I just saw a fix Tanio had on DP dated 5/1/19. it’ll be in the next bksor update

12 Likes

@timballs

Found two potential bugs on the Prem/LE. One I think definitely is and the other is debatable.

1. when in catapult multiball, you have to hit the drop target once and then it lights and says “add a ball”. If this drop is hit two times rapidly, it doesn’t recognize the add a ball. Like two drop hits within 1 second. It is time enough for the drop to re-raise of course, but still the second hit doesn’t seem to count to add the ball.

2. Just learned by accident tonight that on the Premium/LE you can also do the left flipper “three shot” Super Skill shot! Way easier to earn the 2M points this way, but if you do this and instead hit it right into the catapult, you don’t get any points. Is this a bug, or on purpose? Maybe on purpose since it would be a complete no brainer to do it every time, otherwise. Still not a bad gamble though…either get the catapult for 0 points or an easy shot for 2M down on the main playfield if you miss the catapult.

There is a lockout period to make sure the drop target stayed up and didn’t fall back down when it was reset. I have tuned the logic to do the best job possible in making sure that a ball cannot sneak past the drop target in multiball. Remember that if the drop target ever does not reset I cannot ever reset it until multiball is complete. I can see if there’s any way to shorten the lockout period that you’re describing but it is not going away. I have seen too many situations where 2 or 3 resets are required to get the drop target to stay up in multiball and I’m not interested in giving shot awards in that situation unless I can be sure the player made the shot.

You can always turn off feature adjustment DROP TARGET UP IN MBALL and this will not do the reset with the lockout time.

Yup pretty much.

2 Likes

If you fail to complete Black Castle, then the modes reset and you have to go through them all again. But it seems if you tilt out of Black Castle, the modes won’t reset, and it’ll be the next mode again. Anyone wanna confirm this? This is on a premium, btw

This will be fixed in the upcomin release

INDISC is apparently using updated, pre-release Black Knight: Sword of Rage code in The Open. Change notes:

PRO V1.?? - INDISC-ONLY

Fixed:

• Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented players from earning KNIGHT letters
    from a mode that had been continued on a subsequent ball.
  • Fixed an issue that sometimes kept foreground display effects on the screen
    during KNIGHT multiballs.
  • Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented the war hurryup display effects
    from playing over the mainplay display effects.
  • Fixed an issue during modes where players could sometimes share mode shot
    progress.
  • Extra ball is lit display effect will no longer play if extra ball is not
    lit.
  • Fixed a bug that could sometimes cause the left ball save not to save a ball
    when the player took a tilt warning.

Tweaked:

• Deep Freeze mode shots will always start with the same shot array, even when
    the mode continues from ball to ball.
  • Reduced the intensity of GI effects during the mystery award light show.
  • Shield Diverter Disabled adjustment will allow you to start all shield
    features by bashing the shield.
  • Removed critical lights from skill shot and war hurryups light shows.
  • Changed the TKC Multiball start video to play after the mode start video.
    Lock videos still play before the mode start videos.
  • Locked out the Horse Whinny sound for game start - no credits for 30 seconds
    after it is played.
  • Moved the War Hurryup priority above mode priority. This makes it easier to
    see hurryup and score values for the war hurryup shots.
  • Added flail movement logic to Retro Multiball.
  • Increased mode scoring.
    • All modes have a base value starting at 2m.
    • Increased by +200k for each mode completed.
    • Increased by +950k for each lap of modes completed.
    • Draining while a mode is active will reset the mode scores to the base 2m.
  • Increased the score bonuses for shooting the flail prior to starting a mode.
    • Flail bonuses are reset when the mode starts and cannot be earned until
      the next mode is qualified.
    • Flail bonuses are reset when the ball drains.
    • Shooting through the spinning flail awards +250k (increases
      by 25k.)
    • Shooting the flail when it’s closed awards +200k.
    • Shooting the flail when it’s spinning awards +400k.
    • Shooting the flail when it’s open awards +250k (increases by 25k.)
  • Changed default mode difficulty to MEDIUM.
    • Tweaked the number of mode shots required to complete modes.
      • Molten Fire (Magma Beast)
        • Easy: 6 shots to complete. 2 shots for KNIGHT letter.
        • Medium: 8 shots to complete. 3 shots for KNIGHT letter.
        • Hard: 10 shots to complete. 4 shots for KNIGHT letter.
      • Wicked Cavern (Hell Hand)
      • Mud Bod (Hydra)
        • Easy: 3 heads sealed to complete. 1 sealed for KNIGHT letter.
        • Medium: 4 heads sealed to complete. 2 sealed for KNIGHT letter.
        • Hard: 5 heads sealed to complete. 3 sealed for KNIGHT letter.
      • Deep Freeze (Lich Lords)
        • Easy: 3 liches defeated to complete. 1 defeated for KNIGHT letter.
        • Medium: 4 liches defeated to complete. 2 defeated for KNIGHT letter.
        • Hard: 5 liches defeated to complete. 3 defeated for KNIGHT letter.
      • Burning Sands (Sand Worm)
  • Increased war hurryup scoring.
    • Base Value for all hurryups is 3m.
    • Score for subsequent hurryups is set to the value of the hurryup when
      it was awarded or when it was terminated.
    • The left pop bumper increases the value of the flail hurryup by
      +225k+(5k*number of left pop bumper hits for this player this game)
    • The bottom pop bumper increases the value of the target hurryup by
      +175k+(5k*number of bottom pop bumper hits for this player this game)
    • The right pop bumper increases the value of the target hurryup by
      +195k+(5k*number of right pop bumper hits for this player this game)
    • Increased max value of each hurryup to 25m.

New:

• Added topper support.
  • Added speech calls for WAR when war hurryups start and RAGE when mystery
    is lit from the inlanes.
  • Added adjustment for shield hold power.
  • Added diagnostics icons to game menu.
  • Added flame panel test menu entry.
  • Added adjustment for backpedaling speech frequency. Defaults to NEVER.
    Also has adjustments for Occasional (30% of the time) and Frequently.
  • Added Butcher skeleton speech to Skill Shot.

Moved to System 2.39:

• Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.55.0
  • Allow the knocker sound effect to play completely when a replay is
    awarded during the last ball bonus and ensure the normal game volume is
    restored.
  • Added Standard Adjustment “MAX PLAYERS PER GAME”. Values are 1 to 4,
    with a default setting of 4. This can be used to limit the number
    of players that can be added to a game.
  • Using LEFT+START to end a game during bonus count could leave game graphics
    on screen while in attract mode. This has been corrected.

Moved to OS V2.0.16

3 Likes

Thank you!

I think these two I am quoting here are the only ones I don’t understand.

Can anyone clarify? Is the first one saying you can set it to start a monster mode just by hitting the shield, rather than having to hit the ramp and then put it into the open shield?

No, this is for the coil that lifts the shield. If you want to disable it, all the features that will start in the VUK will start on a shield hit.

The Horse sound would play every time someone hit the top button with no credits in the game. Operators complained about kids just hitting it over and over.

Hahaha, that horse thing is hilarious. Never thought of that in a home environment. I turned off free play and tried it and holy crap I see the issue lol.

Thanks for clarifying the shield statement. Makes sense to me now.

Cheers for the fast reply!

2 Likes

What about setting for turning of second chance feature in tournament play on prem/LE, as mentioned a while back ago? Manage to squeeze it in on this update? :slight_smile: