Big thank you to PAPA crew for PAPA 19 and IFPA 13

Man, it’s been a great week-plus of pinball. I can only imagine how much additional work has been put in by the PAPA crew to get it ready, in so many aspects.

Just wanted to wish them a big thank-you for all the work and the good times. A great week for pinball.

17 Likes

Obviously not a smart comment, let me just add my thanks for a great tourney and just stop writing stuff today :confused:

Oh snap.
I couldn’t make it and I’m still lovin it cause I think I still have about 6 hours to watch between circuit finals and 19 finals.

3 Likes

I’m sure you mean well, but seriously?

Best of luck tomorrow to the final 8 at IFPA.

Is it next April yet?

2 Likes

I need some sleep first, but yes, this. Should be interesting to see who takes IFPA 13 down today.

Thanks to everyone at Papa and IFPA. You provided some great entertainment for those of us who could not be there. Thanks again!

4 Likes

amazing playing today, great to watch! thanks for everyone that helped putting it together and sharing!

I’ll post here what I told MHS in person.

Having IFPA at PAPA was like being a chef that has to grill a steak, and I’m given the nicest cut of USDA prime filet to work with. It’s easy to serve up a good meal when all we have to do is put the steak on the grill for 4 minutes per side, and throw it on a plate.

8 Likes

I’ve rubbed elbows with these guys a bunch of times, but I didn’t expect them to handle the masses, tournaments, and logistics and do such a great job with IFPAPA! Other than some Neverdrains issues and a game catastrophic malfunction issue during finals, PAPA went flawlessly in my opinion. The qualifying and finals banks were all diverse (well, until the only Classic was Target Pool in C Finals) and its nice to see games that don’t usually get appreciated get unexpected love.

IFPA I know less about because I’ve been able to only watch a bit of it because of work, but PAPA was on point. Props to Doug and Mark, all the techs, the other volunteers running banks, the front desk team, and everyone for showing up!

1 Like

Man, 9 days of pinball at Papa! I told my friends back home it felt like going to pinball camp. (Not a bad idea, right?) Thanks to all organizers and congrats to all the winners.

Big thanks to my fellow competitors who shared game info/strategy although you didn’t have to. I appreciate the sportsmanship.

Time to get some sleep now.

1 Like

And huge thanks to you, Zach, Brian, and Brian for all your work to keep things smooth and organized while surely running on fumes and no sleep.

4 Likes

This span of pinball at PAPA seemed like the perfect opportunity for an event to be broadcasted on ESPN or another channel whether it was live or pre-recorded and then broadcasted. Was this pursued ?

Pretty sure it was broadcast on ESPN 8. :wink:

5 Likes

Hear hear!! Big thanks to all those involved in making our enjoyment of the PAPA facility a reality, two incredible multi-day competitions, and more streaming top-level live competitive pinball over a nine-day span than I can ever recall.

Bravo!

Other e-sports have permanent casters, is this something PAPA could be looking into? Mainly thinking of the Melee scene, which is a lot like pinball in that it’s still mostly regional tournaments run by individual TO’s with smaller prizepools a lot of the time but they pay the casters for the weekend.

HAPPY FEET! WOMBO COMBO! THAT AIN’T FALCO! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHH WHERE YOU AT?? WHERE YOU AT?? OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

2 Likes