Best “buildable” shot values in pinball?

I thought about this a little more. I don’t know how the game is coded, I assumed in the previous example it was keeping the current loop value in memory. More likely it’s keep the number of loops performed and calculating the value as (10M + ($num_loops_completed -1) *3M). In that case after 255 loops the value is 772M and you will have accumulated 99,705 million points.

How about Phantom of the Opera. If you can get dialed into the left ramp there really isn’t anything else worth shooting for.

MOVE YOUR CAR!

1 Like

star wars de ramp all the time (old roms)

1 Like

The value of the combo caps around 255M.

I don’t think it does cap… @cayle ??

1 Like

Maybe it’s a setting but the Judge Dredd I play, the left ramp value increases by 500k each shot and resets on each ball. Making it fit within the category Snailman was referencing.

1 Like

Whitewater whirlpool jackpots can get very big, especially when the feed to the right flipper is kind.

False. No cap. Game rolls at 10B.

2 Likes

Also False for Judge Dredd. Value re-sets each ball.

1 Like

Do the jump ramps in No Fear cap?

Pointswise, 25M. As far as counting toward bonus… hopefully it’s not 255.

And I believe this should take the crown…

JP3’s Feed T-Rex hurry/build is a great new one. Not only do you have the risk/reward of missing out on the built one-time collect, but the risk of missing out on your T-Rex MB all together, depending on how much you want to juice up your T-Rex base jackpot value.

Hmmmm… But I guess that doesn’t fit this fun little exercise because it involves shooting a bunch of shots to do the hurry/build. Still a great “buildable” shot and payoff.

1 Like

Aside from the fact that I played a Shadow on location years ago with a friendly/slow battlefield paddle that had a battlefield drop target that was stuck in the down position so that I could get at least one battlefield extra ball per ball in play and then go for combos after getting my EB insurance enabling me to get the max combo value of 255 M, and enabling me to create a run on sentence here, I found that someone else posted this on Pinside. If you have access to a Shadow maybe this could be verified more easily with the glass off.

Left orbit hurry-up shot on Frank Thomas’ Big Hurt. Maxes at 1B and game rolls at 10B. On the old chips, if you started Night Game mode you could freeze the hurry-up value, but Jon Norris fixed the bug in later Roms.

1 Like

… oh god. Talk about a game breaking bug with the 1 billion left orbit freeze.

Interesting, perhaps a difference in ROM revisions - Happy to be proved wrong, I’ll investigate and report back :slight_smile:

That’s much appreciated. I don’t have access to one otherwise I would do it myself.

any other update nodes? rom rev list for Gottlieb system 3?