Beatles rules

Whoa! That is awesome! I did notice that you could go ahead and start another mode while the SJP was lit but I didn’t know there was any benefit to that. Cool!

As heard on this week’s Head 2 Head Podcast, Dean Grover is the programming lead on this game. I was curious to see when he might have started working for Stern. Per IPDB, he’s listed under Spider Man (Home Edition) from 2016.

3 Likes

Fun game, easy to pick up the rules. The left spinner is incredibly satisfying to rip.

Some minor rules that haven’t been posted here:

• Extra ball doesn’t hold over from ball to ball, you must collect on the same ball you light it.

• Dropping the 1964 targets in order gives you a point award which seems to begin at 50k, I’m not sure if this increases.

One thing that I seemed to notice was that the FAB targets reset just after the currently active song mode ends. So, if you have knocked down two of the three FAB targets in anticipation of setting up the Super Jackpot shot when it lights, too bad, as the targets will reset just as the Super Jackpot light comes on at the end of the song.

Also, I seemed to experience the following after completing a song and before starting a second one on the same ball: If you are trying to collect the three FAB targets as part of the process to spell FAB FOUR to set up the game to award the next mode and you happen to do a sneak in Super Jackpot shot, the game resets the FAB targets, but acts as if NONE of them were down before the sneak in shot was made. In other words, you have to hit all three FAB targets again.

Finally, not sure, but I don’t think you get any credit for status of the FAB FOUR targets as the song ends and the targets reset. In other words, you need to collect all of the FAB FOUR targets AFTER the song has ended in order to set the magnet shot up to start the next mode.

I have played around with some of the default settings on my machine, so not sure if the above reflects behavior on default settings.

2 Likes

I think I’m ready to dig together a formal rulesheet on this game.

Until then, assume “Seawitch rules with added modern features” and you’re pretty spot on. :slight_smile:

Following the Help mini-wizard mode, the two ball multiball will be selectable at the start of
remaining balls, if it was not completed at level 5.

I was also able to select the two ball multiball on a ball following having started it during play on the previous ball, without getting through the wizard, but only on one machine and not on a different one. Not sure which had the more current code, although my suspicion is that it was the machine that did allow it.

There are at least 4 skill shots, not certain on points though:

1. Shortest plunge so it rolls behind the upper right flipper, 10000
  2. Short plunge to the upper right flipper then hit the loop, 25000
  3. Medium plunge so ball falls into the pops through the hole below the magnet, 100000
  4. Full plunge then use upper left flipper to hit the 1964 Drop Targets, 100000

Are you sure about #4?

Also, each skill shot increments by it’s original value each successive time you hit it.

This is one of the closest pins to me that’s available when I get off work, so I’ve been deep diving, and need some other folks to help me get the finer points…

Just today, I realized that, potentially there is a massive point scoring opportunity by ending, well all the modes technically, but primarily the big scoring modes (loops and pops) at level four and then coming around to them a second time after the mini wizard.

Now that I think about it, still having not quite gotten to the main wizard mode, basically every mode benefits from not being initially completed, especially the two ball multiball.

It’s definitely advantageous to not finish the two ball multiball mode. I discovered that accidentally once after finishing the mini-wizard mode. You can select any uncompleted mode at the beginning of the ball, so I’d select the two ball multiball and just focus on getting the EB, then try to start and finish another mode without worrying about ending the game. Eventually I hit the limit on EBs and drained without realizing I didn’t have one.

It’s also worth noting that the lane lit for EB will alternate with slingshot hits, and it’s not realistic to intentionally hit the right inlane, but during a multiball it stays static. If you light it during the multiball, it starts and stays on the left inlane, which is fed from behind the FAB targets and is very attainable.

What’s the advantage to not finishing the other modes? Making it easy to line up multiple mode jackpots on the same ball? I guess it does give you a chance to collect the mode jackpot multiple times.

Once you to level 5 in a mode, you can keep hitting the shots for their max value until the timer runs out. So, starting a second, say, pops mode at level four gives you the maximum amount of time you could have with 25k a hit pops.

The value continues to increase as well at a different progression than the mode. If I recall for example, Drive My Car continues to increase at 5k/loop after completion.

I just noticed that if you level 5 a mode, it plays Help, and if you dont it plays Taxman or Can’t Buy Me Love

For the super jackpot, I know it’s supposed to light after your mode ends during that ball. But I’ve had times where the mode had definitely ended but my super jackpot was never lit. Seems like it only happens if it’s my 5th mode, or (sometimes) if I didn’t reach level 5. Not sure why it does this.

If you make little to no shots on your mode, then your super jackpot will not light.

1 Like

You have to get to level 5 in the mode - for example in drop targets you have knock down 5 sets to get the model finished. Finishing all 5 modes gets you too tax man multi ball