Beatles rules

Stern may feel they went too far in terms of complicated rules with GB and GoT. On GB especially it’s often not super obvious what to do. Granted it’s probably difficult designing beginner friendly tables without putting a giant bash toy with flaming “shoot me” arrows above it in the exact center of the table, but the rules for Ghostbusters are downright byzantine.

Played it at Pincinnati, the game is good, fun to shoot and enjoyable to play - it just costs too much compared to other good machines.

Short plunge to rollover: 10k
Medium plunge and shoot loop: 50k
Plunge into hole below magnet: 100k

Seems like any plunge starts the lit mode

2 Ball lights on ball 3 or after you’ve completed 2 or 3 modes (seemed inconsistent, maybe there’s some other factor?)

2 Ball MB switches light loop jackpot. Loop jackpot starts at 200k and increases each time.

Modes seem to be pretty well balanced and valuable

Super Jackpot value may just be your mode total? Or maybe there’s something else that effects it?

Super Jackpot is lost if you drain a ball

Left inlane flashes rollover below upper right flipper for some award, haven’t managed to hit it yet

After completing FAB FOUR shoot loop to start another mode (maybe skill shot rollover too?).

Pops change mode when ready to start

Loops progress beatlemania which gives a random award when completed (magnet stops ball)

Bonus X works the same way as Seawitch, I think spinner value does too? (four standups)

There’s also a ‘extra spinner value’ light on top of each spinner I haven’t figured out how to light

Pretty sure one of the Beatlemania awards is 2x spinners…that might light the extra spinner value light?

Fun game. I learned a great deal about it tonight!

Where’s our cut?!? Haha. Nice work Chris!

All My Lovin’ is the song/mode that is a multiball. It is the blue insert on the far left in front of the flippers. It is only selectable while in the shooter lane on ball 3. However, if you complete a mode on ball 1 or 2, the next mode will be switched via pop bumper hits. Shoot one set each of FAB and FOUR to enable the next mode, which begins by shooting either orbit. If the pops happen to stop the mode on All My Lovin, then you can have MB as your second or third mode, even on ball 1. Once the MB is played, it is not selectable from the shooter lane again, presumably until all modes are played and you start over again.

My go to strat was to start with the spinner mode, followed by the loop mode. When you are looping, you are also hitting the right spinner. However, the left spinner spins much better, even on a backhand from a trap. My 3rd mode to go for was the pops mode. I avoided the drop target mode. Of course, you take the MB mode as soon as you can get it. At the end of each mode, shoot the FAB targets down to get the SJP target behind. If you leave at least 1 FAB target up and hit the SJP, you get a 100k Sneak In Bonus. And YES, you can hit the SJP with only the center F (A) B target down!

Bonus can be significant. I think the highest bonus we saw was in the 500-600k range. Also, we saw mystery awards of 350k followed by 375k so those can also be significant. There are two Light Mystery targets, one next to each spinner. The actual Mystery collect target is on the lower left, near the FAB targets.

Cool detail!

There’s some logic to when the drops reset that needs to be learned. Sometimes I’d be trying to bash down FAB to get my Super and something else would cause all the drops to reset…

Lol. Definitely plays NOTHING like Seawitch.

I can still do my plunge move where I like to hold the upper left flipper and bounce the ball into the center drops.

That’s about it though. Haha

Medium plunge and shoot loop is 25k (not 50k).

Mode Super Jackpot is built mode value, yes. +100k if not all FAB targets are down. +100k per successive “sneak in.”

Star rollover, lit by left inlane, is 50k, and announced as “Secret Skill Shot,” even though it’s during gameplay and not on plunge.

BEATLEMANIA awards are not random: 1st is 2x spinners, 2nd is 5x loop, 3rd I forget.

My thinking is to start with pops. The magnet grabs most loop shots to feed the pops during this mode, and also grants a BEATLEMANIA letter. I want the first BEATLEMANIA award (2x spinners) before I play the spinner mode. I also want the second award (5x loops) before I play the loops mode. So I go pops and then drops, and if I qualify a third mode before the third ball, I’ll take spinners if I’ve completed BEATLEMANIA or 2-ball otherwise.

I haven’t seen a base bonus above 75k, and at 7x max bonus multiplier it goes to 525k. Has anyone seen more?

I would really like to know if 2x spinner and 5x loop granted by BEATLEMANIA persist after drain.

I was assuming that 2x spinner and 5x loops were superseded by the scoring increases in the modes. In other words and I have no idea if this is correct, but I thought the 2x and 5x would only apply outside of a song/mode.

There is a wonderful risk-reward rule built into collecting the super jackpot that I don’t think has been captured here yet. If you finish a song, but don’t collect the super and then start and finish another song on the same ball, when you collect the super at that point you will get a 2X SJ for song 1 and a 1X SJ for song 2. Each additional song completion added to this stack will add an additional multiplier to the collect all the way to the #UltimateFullMontyCollect where you would get 5X for song 1, 4x for song 2, 3X for song 3, 2X for song 4, and 1X for song 5.

Whoa! That is awesome! I did notice that you could go ahead and start another mode while the SJP was lit but I didn’t know there was any benefit to that. Cool!

As heard on this week’s Head 2 Head Podcast, Dean Grover is the programming lead on this game. I was curious to see when he might have started working for Stern. Per IPDB, he’s listed under Spider Man (Home Edition) from 2016.

Fun game, easy to pick up the rules. The left spinner is incredibly satisfying to rip.

Some minor rules that haven’t been posted here:

• Extra ball doesn’t hold over from ball to ball, you must collect on the same ball you light it.

• Dropping the 1964 targets in order gives you a point award which seems to begin at 50k, I’m not sure if this increases.

One thing that I seemed to notice was that the FAB targets reset just after the currently active song mode ends. So, if you have knocked down two of the three FAB targets in anticipation of setting up the Super Jackpot shot when it lights, too bad, as the targets will reset just as the Super Jackpot light comes on at the end of the song.

Also, I seemed to experience the following after completing a song and before starting a second one on the same ball: If you are trying to collect the three FAB targets as part of the process to spell FAB FOUR to set up the game to award the next mode and you happen to do a sneak in Super Jackpot shot, the game resets the FAB targets, but acts as if NONE of them were down before the sneak in shot was made. In other words, you have to hit all three FAB targets again.

Finally, not sure, but I don’t think you get any credit for status of the FAB FOUR targets as the song ends and the targets reset. In other words, you need to collect all of the FAB FOUR targets AFTER the song has ended in order to set the magnet shot up to start the next mode.

I have played around with some of the default settings on my machine, so not sure if the above reflects behavior on default settings.

I think I’m ready to dig together a formal rulesheet on this game.

Until then, assume “Seawitch rules with added modern features” and you’re pretty spot on. :slight_smile:

I noticed recently that, following the wizard mode, the two ball multiball will be selectable at the start of all remaining balls.

I was also able to select the two ball multiball on a ball following having started it during play on the previous ball, without getting through the wizard, but only on one machine and not on a different one. Not sure which had the more current code, although my suspicion is that it was the machine that did allow it.