Attack From Mars v1.13 - Good for tournaments?

For originals or remakes?

Remakes. Lyman at CGC, rumor is he will be updating all the older games in their library.

afm can just use the rom update that has been done and not really the full update that CC needs.

MB is running the home rom with coin play.
MM can use it as well as the profanity one as an choice.

If they do CV then they can use rom 2.0 with coin play.

Going to burn a ROM for my original and wondering what the must-have setting adjustments are. Do you need tournament mode on for it to balance the stroke of luck awards or is it all conditional?

Yes, tournament mode on.

It’s been a long time since I poked around in my AFM settings.

I know tournament mode changes the SOL scoop to the same awards for all (given the same conditions; e.g., you’d get a Martian bomb if you have Martian Attack lit but otherwise it would start an attack wave if possible). Does anyone know if tournament mode does the following?

• Changes the shield 3-bank logic so that hits to the center don’t spot a neighbor when needed.
  • Changes the SOL behavior so that you can’t start the first Martian Attack via falling in from the pops.
  • Turns off EBs.

If tournament mode doesn’t do these things, those are the only other settings I’d suggest you manually change.

Tournament mode doesn’t turn off extra balls. Not sure on the other things.

It doesn’t turn off/disable the other 2 settings either. But those other 2 settings, I wouldn’t disable for everyday weekly or monthly tournaments. Makes the game too hard for the beginners/novices.