Arcade Expo 3.0 Pinball Tournament Announcement

I know there probably aren’t a lot of folks traveling in for this, but just in case, and for the locals that read the forum, here’s the announcement for the Arcade Expo 3.0 ( March 17-19th) pinball tournaments.

I’ll post game info later but there will be 12 games used in a bank dedicated to the tournaments and expect them to be a wide variety of eras and manufacturers. Any other questions about the tournaments or event, feel free to ask here and I’ll do my best to find an answer.

Arcade Expo Pinball Tournament Info

IFPA Tournament

Saturday Group Knockout

Format
• Group Knockout, 3 Strikes
• Players will be grouped into 4 (or occasionally 3) player groups and assigned to a game at random
• The lowest two finishers in the group will receive a strike (only one strike given in 3 player groups)
• Once a player has accumulated 3 strikes, they are eliminated from the tournament
• IFPA/PAPA rulebook will be used for tournament rulings

Time
• Saturday March 18th, 1:30PM
• Check in from 12:45 to 1:15PM*
*Anyone NOT CHECKED IN by 1:15PM will be removed from the tournament list. Be sure to check in ON TIME!

Registration
• 11AM - 1:15PM
• 40 players maximum
• $20 Entry - 100% payout as follows
• 1st - 30%
• 2nd - 20%
• 3rd - 15%
• 4th - 10%
• 5th thru 8th - 5%
• 2nd to last place** - 5%
**Ties for this position will be broken by random draw

NON IFPA Tournaments

Split Flipper Saturday Night

Format
• Two player teams with each player operating a single flipper
• 3 Strikes
• Teams will be paired up and assigned to a game at random
• Players on a team must switch sides between balls
• The losing team will receive a strike
• Once a team has accumulated 3 strikes, they are eliminated from the tournament

Time
• Saturday, March 18th - 7PM

Registration
• 6PM - 7PM
• 20 team maximum
• Free entry!

Single Handed Sunday

Format
• Knockout, 3 Strikes
• Players will be paired up and assigned to a game at random
• The losing player will receive a strike
• Once a player has accumulated 3 strikes, they are eliminated from the tournament
• Players must play with only one hand, players may use whichever hand they prefer and may switch hands from ball to ball but never during the same ball

Time
• Sunday, March 19th - 1:30PM

Registration
• 12:30 - 1:30PM
• 40 player maximum
• Free entry!

6 Likes

There could be an opportunity for a very “interesting” bank of games. Just sayin

3 Likes

Where is this event?

Banning California at The Museum of Pinball.

http://www.arcadeexpo.com/

1 Like

I got a question: Check-in for the knockout competition begins at 12:45 PM, a little less than two hours after the place opens. Will there be a line for people waiting to be registered in, or do we just have to be there when the time comes? Actually, is check-in the same thing as registering for the competition, or is it done in advance?

Registration will be open when the event doors open at 11AM. We’ll take registrations up until 1:15 provided all 40 slots haven’t been claimed but I think we’ll fill those so I would suggest not showing up at the last minute just in case. Check in is from 12:45 - 1:15. If we have a waiting list heaven forbid, and someone hasn’t checked back in by 1:15, we’ll start moving through that list and replacing those that didn’t check in prior to starting. It’s our way of keeping folks honest and making sure we start the event on time.

1 Like

Any update on the game list? Looking forward to the tourny!

Yes! Thanks for the reminder. Provided nothing breaks between now and saturday morning…

F14
Star Gazer
Time Tunnel
Torpedo Alley
Skateball
Ghostbusters Premium
Bow & Arrow
Corvette
Tag Team
Aztec
Mustang
Strange World
Monopoly

1 Like

Oh yes, one more question: I’ve never done a split-flipper competition before. Is your partner randomly chosen, determined by the competition organizers, or determined by the participants?

You’re welcome to choose who you would like to play with. If there are players who don’t have someone to partner up with but that would like to participate, we’ll do our best to place folks together into teams.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll decide what to do once I have everything figured out.