Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle Rulesheet

Yep. As far as I’ve seen, both items do the same thing for a given monster, and it’s impossible to collect both anyway due to your path through the castle

1 Like

Is there a saved video of Bowen’s seminar on the rules of ACNC? I’d like to get a good explanation of how to maximize the value of the monster hurry ups.

Thanks!

I don’t recall it ever being uploaded to youtube. There is this one by Backhand Pinball with Bowen. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtPDZUArcLo

Based on either this video, or maybe it was Karl’s wizard mode run? … I seem to recall the hurry-up is based on your performance during the mode’s completion Frenzy phase? I’m sorry, I’m not certain.

Paging @bkerins

1 Like

Yes, the hurry-up starting value is the points scored during the Frenzy phase of that monster battle, with a minimum base value of 5M * (# monsters defeated, including this one). The hurry-up counts down to 2.5M * monsters.

There is no maximum to the hurry-up starting value.

3 Likes

Hell yeah. Thanks Bowen!

1 Like

Quick follow up. I notice that the mode shots are also lit during the frenzy portion. Do those add to the value as well, or just those orange frenzy shots?

Mode shots during Frenzy count, and often are the majority of the Frenzy total. Then you get the chance to double it.

How do you get the chance to double it?

I have edited the hurry up portion of the rules to hopefully make it more clear.

I just mean any points you score during Frenzy can be scored again with the hurry up, effectively doubling it.

1 Like

Oh okay. Thanks again Bowen.

Just played with the glass off. Pit creature.

Completed the mode and got insane points in the frenzy phase. At least 15-20 million. After it was over, the hurry up was only 5 million. Am I missing something?

I continued to test the rest of them and they all seem to build the hurry up as intended.

You discovered a bug where if the Pit Creature was repeatedly found during Frenzy, it reset the total on the Hurry-Up. :slight_smile:

Expect a new version soon and thanks!

Sweet. Thanks again!

1 Like