A podcast you might not wanna listen to (but you should)

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Dude, of course I’ll give it a try.

I’ll listen to anything pinball.

I think if I had a podcast, I’d have three segments (please imagine these announced with a pitched down “five fast thoughts” effect):

1. NYC league trash talk
  2. The Superleague Minute, where over-ranked players like myself could weigh in on superleague beezwax.
  3. Complaining about Ghostbusters.

COMPLAINING ABOUT GHOSTBUSTERS!!!

3 Likes

Hey man, I’m into your style. I kept imagining the Drunk History version of the jpop scandal. I’ll listen to the other one.

1 Like

Thanks for mentioning Homepin in your podcast.

The ONLY reason I declined to supply parts to American Pinball (AP) is because Homepin has a strong relationship for parts supply already in the USA and you actually read that out on the podcast. It has nothing to do with “not wanting to supply AP” or any designer that may (or may not) be associated with them.

The Homepin website has yet to be updated BUT we currently have no real use for it as all our replacement boards are sold by Pinball Life (USA) and John’s Arcade (Australia) and our pinball machines are not yet ready for sale.

When we do have pinball machines ready for sale we will not be selling direct in any case, it will be through agents who will be able to setup and service them.

Next year when we are delivering pinball machines the website will be updated with downloadable service info etc.

It’s all a matter of prioritising what is most important for us at the moment with our limited manpower and resources.

2 Likes

Actually I have shared a lot about Thunderbirds including a public showing just a week ago at Newcastle Pinfest of our cabinet with several “unique to Thunderbirds” mechanisms in it (and working). These were certainly very much in the prototype stage but were operational for people to see. I would like to think that everyone that saw our display was impressed with what we had on show and have achieved.

We also had a table exhibit with all of our finished mechanisms on display for people to see what we have been doing for the past 2.5 years since starting the factory.

I put this info on both Aussie Arcade and Pinside here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pinball-announced-by-homepin-thunderbirds/page/31

Starting at post 1538 and spanning about 6 posts in order to comment correctly on the pictures I put up.

As to why AP would reach out to me for mechanisms, I have no idea. Perhaps that’s a question for them? Pinball Life is Homepin’s sole Authorised agent in the USA and I am a person of my word so I will not supply others. I do note that another USA company is also selling my products but they are sourcing them from another Homepin agent and I can’t control that. My comment about “smoke & mirrors” was a bit tongue in cheek when you consider the game title (again, I like the title). The feedback I have from my contacts in the industry isn’t for sharing though I’m afraid.

Again, I wish AP nothing but the very best success, they have a strong theme and if they can pull all the pieces together and make pinball manufacturing work for them them full marks from me. I know EXACTLY how hard pinball manufacturing is and it is a LOT more than just screwing the bits together.

Running a factory is a complex and costly exercise fraught with problems on a daily basis.

2 Likes

Will this podcast be available on iTunes?

I tried to listen to this, really I did. About 4 minutes in I was just like, nope, can’t do it.

2 Likes

You stole my Pincast name!
Imitation is the best form of flattery still, yeah?

1 Like

Here’s a link to the thread I started here a year and a half ago. Maybe you saw the name here on the forums. I think it’s good to listen to the other shows so you can base your quality and expectations on the podcasts that are well established. Being influenced is important to forming a well thought out opinion. Plus, there’s the comradery and mutual support aspects as well. I listen to almost all of them.

1 Like