Tournament Dates April 12th-14th
Registration Opens February 10th at 11AM Central Time
4 IFPA Tournaments over 3 days
Over 100 Pinball Machines on Free Play the whole time
IFPA Certified Main Event with 250%-300% the normal WPPR points
Target Match Play Tournament with finals has 180%-200% points
$15,000 in Prize Money with full field
Top 24 Players in both the larger tournaments with finals receive prize money
New playoff format where the top seeds pick all 3 games in the bank instead of pre-selected banks
150 Player Capacity
$240-$270 Total Entry Fee per player covers all the costs
5th Warm Up Tournament on Thursday Night April 11th
Please contact me if you have any questions.
Follow Link for Full Details
https://district82.com/event/great-lakes-pinball-open-2024/
Play More Pinball!

6PM Tournament Starts or after Target Match Play Qualify Ends

The top 24 players from the Target Match Play are welcome to play in this tournament but will be automatically taken out at the start unless they tell the tournament director (Erik Thoren) that they want to play in both tournaments. They can also be added in later up to round 3 but will be give 2 strikes per round that they missed.

and if Target Match Play Qualify is still going at 6:00 will the auto drop happen? people be given time to make an choice? say they are up playing at the choice time?

will someone be able to start the side event and then when Target Match Play Qualify Ends take the auto drop? (may run afoul of the top 250 rule)

I don’t think any other event has done things with events that you get singed up for up front and then get auto dropped unless you tell some one based on how well you did in an other event.

JoeTheDragon, Are you planning on attending?

1 Like

The 2nd tournament will not start before 6PM and will start after Target Match Play Ends

will someone be able to start the side event and then when Target Match Play Qualify Ends take the auto drop? (may run afoul of the top 250 rule)

The 2nd tournament will not start before 6PM and will start after Target Match Play Ends

I don’t think any other event has done things with events that you get singed up for up front and then get auto dropped unless you tell some one based on how well you did in an other event.

The ‘250 rule’, 15 tournaments counting, EFF%, over 100% tournaments, waiting requirements, are all new to everyone. I am adapting as fast as possible. I want the weekend to be fun, full of tournaments, and to run them on time. The vast majority of players who make the finals have not wanted to play in the alternate concurrent tournament because all the money and a lot of points are in the finals. The most I have had play in both so far is 5 and typically its only 1 person. Once the majority flips to 13 wanting to play in both then I will leave everyone in and then ask them to tell me to take them out.

ok the but the way the website reads some people may think that it will start after the end or at 6PM.

and with new rules just starting it better to be safe with auto dropping people and not rush like someone just made the top 24 and then they take an 5 min bathroom brake and miss out on getting into the side event.

also with the new must wait rule the old history of players not doing the alternate concurrent tournaments may change as they have 0 risk of missing an trun.

All good. It’ll run fine and be a lot of fun for everyone who attends!

This event has been cancelled.

This makes me sad.

1 Like