2022 Events - Dates and Links

Pinburgh :frowning: right move, not a surprise, still a sad email. I hope the organizers are going to be ok with the financial fallout.

herefore, due to these emergency measures, which constitute force majeure, we must cancel the Replay FX 2020 event which was scheduled for July 9-12 of this year. Replay FX 2021 will be held August 12-15, 2021 at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center. Please read below for ticketing and refund options.

REPLAY FX 2020 -> 2021 TICKETS:

DEADLINE TO RESPOND: May 19, 2020
REFUND PROCESSING BEGINS: May 26, 2020

https://ReplayFX.org/coronavirus

General Admission and Exhibitor Tickets – Any ticket holder who does not request a refund on or before May 19, 2020 will have his or her Replay FX 2020 ticket replaced by the equivalent type of ticket to Replay FX 2021. No refunds will be given for general admission tickets or exhibitor spaces beyond May 19, 2020 or for any future Replay Foundation event. Moving forward, we encourage all attendees to explore the ticket insurance offered by ShowClix during the checkout process.

Competition Tickets – Tickets specifically sold for the Pinburgh competition or IPC will be automatically converted to Pinburgh and IPC 2021 tickets, respectively. Refunds for these specific types of tickets requested through the form below will be honored at a 100% rate minus fees until the May 19, 2020 deadline. After May 19, 2020, refund requests for competition tickets will be processed at a 75% rate until March 31, 2021, at which point we will continue following the normal refund schedule posted here. The Pinburgh waitlist will operate normally during this process.

1 Like

It is time to just kill stern pro for this year and just roll over last years points? (lots of events canceled and even if things get started again it may be limited reopening + travel issues)

2 Likes

This years Bat City Open is also officially postponed. We hope to possibly host the event sometime in the fall. We will be monitoring the situation in the coming months to determine if it will even be possible and safe for my staff, my players (miss all of you…), and their families to host this event.

3 Likes

I’ve been thinking about BCO. Thanks for the update. I’ll be following, hoping to attend, someday.

2 Likes

The next two large shows in line are the Southern Fried Gaming Expo in Atlanta July 10-12 and California Extreme July 25-26. As of 5/5/20, both websites say they are monitoring the situation but have not yet cancelled or postponed. Georgia has reopened to some degree; but there’s no indication that big events are okay yet.

2 Likes

We just received word from the show organizers that PinFest is postponed from the rescheduled June 12/13 dates. The following was posted to their Facebook page:

The show will not be happening in June!

As of right now the venue location is still on lockdown due to the virus. Once the state is open and the venue workers are back to work we will be looking to maybe moving the date out to later in the summer.

So at this time the show is POSTPONED!

On Pinside, Ivan officially cancelled the 2020 show.

SFGE 2020 now canceled as well.

Interesting that it’s different wording. I’ll reach out to Ivan and get clarity.

Lets get you all up to date. The show will not happen and is cancelled for June. We have discussed an alternate date with venue management. We have been offered July 31st August 1st. My problem is that I’m not sure I want to waste anymore of our time. I can’t predict what our environment is going to be like in the late summer anymore than I can tomorrow! This pandemic has been relentless and seems to have no problem hanging around for the foreseeable future.

All vendors that have paid for space will be refunded. Regarding glass orders, I haven’t placed orders for the custom stuff so your money is safe and refundable. I’m on the hook for a bunch of standard glass. I’m fine with that other than I’ll need to schlep 5000lbs around for year or so. I’m really looking forward to that! If you reserved standard glass, we will offer you a few options. I’ll refund your money if you wish. If you are local, we could arrange for you to come get it. I can possibly deliver to the York Show if that happens.

I’d like to apologize for the disappointments this has caused. I know this is a yearly highlight for many of you. I’ve done my best to pull this together. It seems cover-19 is in charge. Pushing for this event that is potentially unsafe for the community seems, at the very least, irresponsible.

Ivan
Pinfest 202?

If PinFest itself doesn’t happen, I’m volunteering that we move the PinFest Pro Circuit Event to @djreddog’s garage where we’re going to change the format to a single-game elimination on his Night Moves cocktail machine.

4 Likes

It’s time to just kill it for the year.

Please no. I don’t need to get abused like that again.

2 Likes

Most Double Your Scores wins!

2 Likes

Some food for thought regarding Chicago Expo.

Per the Illinois reopening plan, conventions are only allowed in phase 5, which is defined as “vaccine or highly effective treatment widely available or the elimination of any new cases over a sustained period.” Looks to me like Expo 2020 is DOA. At this point the question is, will there be a 2021 Expo?

(Fine print: I do not speak on behalf of the show. I am NOT debating the virus, vaccines, treatments, testing, merits of reopening, etc. Just stating the Illinois plan and what it will take for Expo to happen.)

3 Likes

Totally legitimate concerns. Pincinnati is probably a no go in 2020 and we aren’t until December.

Crazy that even 2021 shows are in jeopardy right now.

The SCS for this year is are likely in danger or maybe need an BIG seeding / qualifying changes this year.

As is not fair to just to use the rules as is. Lot’s places can’t run big events and arcades / bars are closed and or open at very limited people.

2 Likes

One change I’ll be making is the IL SCS will take the top 80 qualifiers this year. We’re only doing that for Illinois to earn some brownie points with one specific person :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Best change ever.

2 Likes

So all the big hotels in downtown Chicago are officially pending bankruptcy then? Like the headquarters of Marriott and the big Westin, eh?

But the NFL will get to have games (even if no fans)