2017-2018 PAPA Circuit Events

We can’t do that until it’s finalized; it’s not finalized until circuit payments and results are submitted to us. So who is really holding up this process, I ask you?

3 Likes

I’m not the authorized party to submit these; I’ve passed on your need to the appropriate person. The standings portion, which should be all that’s needed for the 2017-2018 Circuit, were all put up on the IFPA site; if you need the standings sent directly to you, let me know, and if in a particular form, let me know that, too.

Update: I sent in the standings, Karl sent the funds.

1 Like

Are Magfest standings in?

My guess is no, since they have ours and the since standings on the website include everything except Magfest and INDISC. That would leave Magfest as the missing one.

Gotta pay the Stern / Replay Team for the Circuit inclusion as well.

Yes, INDISC 2018 may be the only event that will ever have had to pay 3 fees: 2017-2018 Circuit, 2018 Circuit and IFPA.

2 Likes

CHOSE to . . . nobody forced you guys to do anything :wink:

1 Like

Not complaining, just noting. Amusing situation we found ourselves in with the overlap.

Standings are up I see. Now the fun can begin on the bracket.

Those WPPRized standings didn’t include Magfest.

Fixed that for you :wink:

Try submitting results for players with an apostrophe. You can’t without the player #. Last/'Name apparently doesn’t exist in the database, lol.

Anyone have the Louisville Pinball tourneys schedule? I heard there are 4 different tourneys but there is no info on the website or facebook.

Strikes tournament at Hotel bar the Wednesday before.

Classics and main qualifying Friday and Saturday. Classics finals and main first round Saturday night.

Sunday is rest of main finals and a pingolf tournament using show games.

MAIN TOURNAMENT:
In the Main Tournament qualifying scores will be drawn from a player’s best attempts on five of the available machines. Each individual attempt on a machine will be weighted against all other attempts on that same machine and ranked on a scale of 0-100 points. This ranking system allows individual game scores from different eras of pinball to be compared directly with one another. Players are permitted as many attempts as they wish on each of the machines, but only their best attempt on five different machines will count toward their overall qualifying score.

Qualifying times:
Friday: 2 PM - 11:30 PM
Saturday: 10 AM - 9:30 PM

FINALS:
Finals will be conducted PAPA style. 4 player groups playing three games, scores 4-2-1-0.

The top 24 players will qualify for Division A finals
Players ranked between 1 and 599 in the World Pinball Player Rankings are restricted to Division A.

The next 16 unrestricted players will qualify for ‘B’ Division.

The first round of playoffs for the Main division will start at 9:45 PM Saturday night. The final 3 rounds will start at 10 AM on Sunday.

CLASSICS TOURNAMENT
In the classics division, competitors will be scored on their best four machines.

Players are permitted as many attempts as they wish on each of the machines, but only their best attempt on four different machines will count toward their overall qualifying score. There is no ‘B’ Division for Classics.

Qualifying times:
Friday: 2 PM - 11:30 PM
Saturday: 10 AM - 5 PM

FINALS
Top 16 players and any player tied for 16th place will qualify for classics finals. Classics finals start at 5:15 PM on Saturday and will be conducted as Pin-Golf finals.

COSTS:
$10 = 3 Tickets
$20 = 7 Tickets

Tickets are tournament specific and cannot be transferred or refunded.

thank you chris and chuck, i had heard that the strikes tourney was on thursday.

Actually - there is tournament at Zbar the Thursday night of show week as well (Mar 1) which is also a strikes tournament. Its listed on the IFPA calendar. So plenty of tournaments that week.

1 Like

Plenty of chances to solidify your Kentucky SCS position. Go get it!

Just got the invite email from Doug; watch for yours if you’re in the top 80. [They’re taking the top 40 of those who accept, but mailing to the top 80.]