You make the call: Auto-plunge after Tilt

How many flavors of imaginary pinball points are you trying to invent??

3 Likes

I’ve never messed with that before. Can you explain how it works and the best way to use it? I can always go home and try it on one of my games, but thought it might be helpful for the overall discussion.

Do you just change it from a 3 ball to a 4 ball game, remembering to write down the scores for each player that doesn’t receive a 4th ball?

Yep, exactly. Just go into standard adjustments mid-game and change balls per game to 4.

Then the hard part, remembering to change it back after the game!

5 Likes

Do you make that change at the same time you make the ruling? So we decide on a consolation ball, I enter the menu, change it to 4 balls and then allow them to continue? I always hated screwing someone out of their game state when they didn’t do anything wrong.

Exactly.

Yeah, just do it at the time of the ruling. Works well in all cases unless last player had a malfunction that ended the game. At that point it’s going to be a comp ball on a fresh game, but that’s pretty uncommon.

I’m not sure exactly when Stern started offering this feature, but I’m sure someone here knows.

I’m fairly certain this feature began with the SAM system. So Whitestar systems like LOTR, Monopoly, etc. will not work.

1 Like

I’m not too familiar with JJP games.

A) Can you go into the menu and run tests without effecting the ball in play?
B) Can you add balls to a game in the same fashion Stern allows?

No unless they changed that in the last few updates

There are some games, like Spiderman for example, that you may choose to tilt an earlier ball of the other players and have them play ball 4 as well to avoid unfair “last ball” features like double/triple bonus.

1 Like