Unusual strategic decisions

Is this what causes Halloween/Ultraman center ramp (the one behind the drops) to reject even clean/hard shots? Because or a physical change in the ramp once you’ve done the thing that “disables” it as a source of scratch points?
I’ve only played one full game on it — first time on Saturday — and I found the game very frustrating to play.

The right-center ramp will divert to the left habitrail 100% of the time once you’re locked out of the upper-most playfield. I’ve played 3 copies and 2 of those copies had clean ramp shots, while the other’s flippers were too weak to make it all the way up. I’m not sure how the mechs work, but if it’s full rejecting the ramp when it’s supposed to divert up there it could be a thing.

Ha! Hadn’t thought about that before… so if you don’t successfully shoot the jackpot on the first two WH2O Multiball served, then avoid claiming the single jackpot with the third, shoot rafts, and then go for a higher base value Double Jack on the re-start?

1 Like

Ideally, get multiball ready to go and the scoop lit. Start the lamp, shoot the lit scoop and select Triple Lamp scoring (which should be one choice once the lamp is running), then start multiball. Now wail on the spinner, and you’ll get some stray jackpots from balls that miss anyway. If you avoid jackpots, take the rematch and continue.

1 Like

Correct, sometimes it doesn’t work out because you miss the first shot, make the second, and miss the third. But if you miss two in a row, you now know what to do!

Furthermore, if you miss the first 2, and do the restart, can you still get double and triple jackpots?

1 Like

I do this as well. I seldom have the choice to go 4th, and if I do, I’m choosing game instead if the format allows. For me, psychologically, the information value of playing later is more than negated by the choke factor of seeing what I’m up against.

Exploit-finder, John McEwen, told me on TAF to keep hitting the bookcase during mutiball until you’re down to one ball. At that point, hit the multiball restart and you’ll have a ball you can plunge to the upper flipper to collect the huge jackpot that you just built up. Risks: collecting no jackpots and no restart, and accidentally hitting the train jackpot while you’re trying to build your jackpot up

There are also lots of unique strategic decisions based on broken elements of games. My most memorable one was the final game of SF City Champs where all goal shots on WCS spotted strength-speed-stamina etc., building to multiball. So the game came down to who could hit the final draw shot best and get the most multiballs

3 Likes

Unlike most games of WCS :^)

3 Likes

I think it’s only a 2 ball when restarted, but you can get the double

1 Like

Not exactly strange, but definitely going against where the game is trying to guide you, is never spinning the tea cup on Diner, as it makes it harder to lock a ball for future MBs

1 Like