Tournament Setup: GoT Pro and ST Pro

IMHO, setting tilt warnings to fewer than factory default is a bad idea. Plenty of other ways to make a game play more difficult.

2 Likes

I went back and forth on it, and I would normally agree, but I couldnā€™t really think of any other ways to make these two harder.

At first I set both up with default warnings and very very tight tilts, but they played like that TWD Pro from LAX this year and I think that sucked. also that damn debounce allowed big moves, while little moves tilted out.

So I loosened the tilt a bit to allow for some decent nudging, but nothing crazy, then dropped down to one warning. this made the game times a lot shorter, but I didnā€™t feel like I was getting cheated ever by the tilt. The first way I had it did.

I am all ears on other ways to make these two more difficult though.

Do you have the fat part of the tilt bob on the top or the bottom?

bottom.

Sternā€™s debounce code makes tilts tough to set just right. In the past, you knew you could move the game a little, as long as you didnā€™t bang the ring three times. Now, you can move the game all you want, as long as you stop banging the ring within 2-3 seconds. Also think the hardware isnā€™t as good as it used to be. Buddy had a TSPP with a tilt that just didnā€™t seem to conduct electricity very well, even with new parts.

I think one warning on modern Stern debounce code is fine, with two warnings for WPC/Sys11.

2 Likes

Yay. One player officially approves! Haha

Just to update this thread. Average 4 player game time of ST was still around 20 mins. I was shooting for under 20 and it was a tad over. No big deal. GOT was at around 18 per 4 player group. That worked out great. No one complained that they were unfair or too hard. Seemed to work out nicely.

2 Likes

Nice! ~20 minutes is usually what I shoot for.

2 Likes

Also you will be happy to hear that I have a request into dwight to make the outlane save on Star Wars adjustable in the settings. So if itā€™s similar to Star Trek in ball times we can turn that off if we want.

1 Like

I played a particularly brutal Congo at PAGG and I was convinced that the tilt was much tighter than it probably actually was - mainly because it was set to zero warnings.