Sweet pinball moments

Yeah my focus early on was 100% on finishing Battlefield, and I actually had to use the mode start hole because the right ramp diverter was busted and I couldn’t get one side.

2 Likes

So many I can still remember clearly:

The first time making the 1 Billion shot on BoP when it originally came out and I was still at Uni. Such an adrenaline rush.

Winning my second major comp (The first comp I was on fire in the 4-player final and won with games to spare) The second however was again a 4-player comp but on a single game of IronMan.
After we had all played 2 (ridiculously bad) balls the scores were virtually tied on 2mil each. I was player 1 and with some excellent players to follow me I knew the best chance I had was to try and stack Warmachine and Monger Multiballs. I managed to do it and knocked off a couple of jackpots, including one as the 2nd ball drained. It meant that the others were forced to try and follow the same strategy, but 2 of the 3 started Monger alone and I took the win.

And finally, completing my 30hrs of playing WPT to break the Guinness World Record while raising awareness and funds for Prostate Cancer, as over 2,500 watched online.

1 Like

During a round at the 24-hour Sanctum battle, I walked up to ball 3 on Indy 500 with 26 million points (the other players had all put up 200 to 500 million.) Three multiballs later… I walked away with 900 million points and cinched first place for that game.

2 Likes

My 30th Annivesary party at my business. Lyman Sheats
was here. Competing in the tournament. He brought with some posters and
stuff to share with the people. A Father had brought his daughter in to play
pinball. About 7 years old, freckles, cute as a button. And she loved
playing pinball. I asked Lyman if he’d do a favor for me. He asked what. I
asked if he’d sign one of the Medieval Madness posters for the little girl.
Lyman did and I gave it to the little girl. The next day the Father called
and thanked me and told me how excited his little girl was. She taped the
poster up on her wall. I mentined to him he should frame the poster. He
asked why. I told him that if his Daughter really likes pinball, years from
now that poster will mean a lot to her. I told him to check the autograph
and the two names on the playfield for the design credits. He was shocked,
he said he’d get the poster framed for his Daughter. Nothing better than
making a child happy. :slight_smile:
LTG : )

7 Likes

Met a good old friend a few days ago.

Taxi multiball time. Nail Santa as last passenger needed. While in celebration jingle, park the other ball behind it via Gorby. As ball ejects - instant payout. Sweet.

7 Likes

First Vacation Jackpot in White Water, didn’t even know what’s gonna happen so pretty neat. Same thing with Scared Stiff but then I was a senior on this one :slight_smile:

AFM: Competition with friends place, game with owner of the place/game. He played first, ended somewhere 2,4B, I got 300M before last ball. Thought, if I’m gonna beat this guy, let’s do it properly = aimed for TA with no progress, succeed and won the game.

Swedish open few years back in INK:ens place at Borås. Pinball orienteering or something like that. One try. Games: NBAFB - MM - FT. Goals: Slam Dunk - Lite Madness - Lite Monsterfish. Won with almost perfect play, only NBAFB did take 2 tries, first shot when ball exited from bumpers didn’t go to right ramp. MM super skill shot, loop pass, catapult, hop over and catapult with hit the switch - FT, directly from plunge hit the boat ramp without missing a shot. That gave pretty nice adrenalin rush to be able to hit that so perfectly. With audience and all! Cant remember the time, could be something like 1:25

4 Likes

The time I got all three balls into the powerfield during powerball mania simultaneously- and managed to get two of them through the top!

Fun fact - I didn’t have to requalify before the second award.

2 Likes

Bringing this thread back from the dead! :skull:

I have a sweet pinball moment to share- I’ve been thinking about it a lot lately. It’s not even my moment!

So @BonusLord has a birthday right around Halloween, and he and his wife throw an awesome spooky birthday party every year. Fog machines, themed foods and backlights, it’s a blast. Anyways, a friend and I have been mingling for awhile and decide we need to go back to playing some pinball. Ghostbusters was open so we pick that. Going up to the game, we can see someone played 2 bad balls (under 1m) and walked away without even playing ball 3. My friend is holding a beer and decides he’ll one hand it until it drains and then we’ll start a new game. He proceeds to blow. It. Up. Storage multiball, he’s completing modes, getting 2 or 3 extra balls along the way. He even gets to Mass Hysteria multiball- all the while he’s holding and drinking from his beer. It was hysterical to watch! After all the balls drained and the proverbial dust settled
… he had over 1 Billion! I don’t think the following game even came close to that :joy:

8 Likes

An awesome photo finish at the LA Deadpool Head-2-Head launch party. The challenge was to start Katanarama Time:

Players are Mark Maleko Schulz and Brent Stoddard.

6 Likes

Interesting to note when the switch triggers: Mark’s ball won as far as starting Katanarama Time, but Brent’s ball went around the ramp horseshoe and got back down to the flipper first.

Completing all 7 TV modes without letting the timer run out on TSPP, thus activating victory shots at 2.5M each.

5 Likes

Good to see this thread bumped back up. This is indeed an epic thread. I hope I can post more here once the shutdown is over.

This sweet moment happened to me a few years ago, but was extremely sweet when it happened. The sportsplex near me usually had 9 or 10 games at the time. One older 80’s Bally game and the rest DMD games. I played there most days and one day I noticed I had 3 or 4 GC scores. Those games were my favorite games at the time, but I thought maybe I should try to GC them all.

So I went for it. I don’t remember how long it took, but I do remember I saved EBD for last because you don’t get initials with your GC score. I finally GC’ed EBD and that was it. I GC’ed the building. Not hard to do at locations with only one of two games, but 8+ felt pretty damb good.

After that league started having nights there and more better players started showing up. I don’t recall how quickly someone took down one of my scores, but it didn’t matter. For at least a day, I owned that place.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Reviving the House Party Multiball in Elvira’s House of Horrors with the add-a-ball shot on new code just feels awesome. Hearing the music start up all over again definitely helps, and it’s rather tough to get the timing down because you have to count on the turret being in the right direction.

3 Likes

https://clips.twitch.tv/GlutenFreeFunOctopusChefFrank

Even prior to quarantine I wasn’t really getting out much :confused:

4 Likes

Making the Pennsylvania state finals after only playing pinball for 4.5 years. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

One I’ll always remember happened at the 30th Anniversary party at SS Billiards.

Lyman was competing in the tournament. He brought some posters and stuff with to hand out. A man had his daughter there. I’d guess about 12. Pig tails, freckles. Great kid. I asked Lyman to sign one of his Medieval Madness posters so I could give it to the little girl. He did. I gave it to her. She was ecstatic, huge grin. She couldn’t have been happier.

The next day her Father called me and thanked me for the poster. His little girl had it taped to the wall in her bedroom. I told him if his daughter liked pinball he should frame it for her. He asked why. I told him to look at the poster of MM’s playfield, the design credits on it, and the signature. He went and checked it. Came back to the phone and was just as excited as his daughter was when I gave her the poster. He told me he would frame it for her.

I’ll never forget Lyman’s poster and signature, and making a child happy. It doesn’t get much better than that.
LTG : )

6 Likes

I pulled off a 10 mil balrog defeat the other day with the help of 2x scoring that was pretty sweet. Now to do the 20 mil balrog with golum!

6 Likes

On Batman '66, code versions 0.99 and 1.00, doing the Shame All Day exploit.
Every time you defeat Shame, it adds a ball to all multiballs. After six physical balls, you are awarded +20 seconds ball-save time instead. Repeat as many times as desired.
After a while, all Multiballs have what feels like unlimited ball save, combine with multipliers and suddenly every shot scores totally insane amount of points!
I’ve done it in the wild a couple times only but it is super duper fun & lucrative!

2 Likes

you can also light tv and start it over an over.

2 Likes