Ruling: Player-Selectable Whole-Game Modes

Others can chime in but my understanding is the game gets confused and completely breaks the game. Not sure if it’s guaranteed to happen when you get there, but seems common enough that lots of matches have been affected by it.

Pretty much this - playing Secret Mania is akin to signing a dark pact with Azathoth. You’ll get points in the moment, but subject your game to the potential for catastrophic level chaos in the long run.

5 Likes

More like forcing all players to sign that pact, since whatever happens tends to affect all games in progress.

If I’m on ball 3 and have an upcoming opponent who is close behind and only a couple shots from RLM or multiball, I’d be tempted to start SM in the hopes it crashes their setup (assuming I got the three police cars). Dirty pool, but that is why we need rules for this stuff :slight_smile:

1 Like

In tournament mode the game always gives three cars!

All we really need is to change the tournament mode to always have two cars… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

All depends on you take of what the tourney setting should be doing. Removing stuff or making it suitable. Like mystery awards. Is it points only or a deterministic fashion.

See

We discussed this last night and decided that we would not be allowing groups to choose the Escape Nublar mode. The most notable reason is that we allow pre-plays, so the scoring wouldn’t be consistent between players if someone had pre-played.

1 Like